Michael Jordan’s private plane is very… Michael Jordan

Oct 7, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT

michael_jordans_personalized_private_plane

You are not going to mistake Michael Jordan’s toys for anyone else’s.

Not his golf bag. And not his private plane, pictured below. (If you want to bask for a minute in the irony of an NBA owner who is claiming the current NBA financial system is really hurting his pocket book having a sweet custom plane, please do so. That’s just not the point we’re trying to make here.)

Jordan’s plane is North Carolina colors with a silhouette of the jumpman Jordan on the tail. Also notice the plane’s number, which includes “23″ (Jordan’s number) and “6″ (his number of rings) followed by his initials.

Top that, Mark Cuban. (Via Ball Don’t Lie and Yardbarker)

source:

1. ogre2010 - Oct 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Did he sell his soul to Satan?

• florida727 - Oct 7, 2011 at 1:57 PM

One word answer to an easy question: YES.

Is there no limit to this guy’s ego?

I covered the Bulls during one of their championship seasons. Even as close to him as I got, I never saw this blatant an ego. Wow. Disappointing. And I actually like the guy.

• rastaman44 - Oct 19, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Why, because he like to flaunt his hard earned wealth?

• fanofevilempire - Feb 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Mike, nice to see you spend ya money how you like, enjoy my friend you earned it.
      But please, $300 for you friggin kicks is killin me….. by the way Mike, I can’t find the
      All Star Black Volt anywhere, please let the guys in shipping know.

next time please include a peek inside, thanks.

2. silverdeer - Oct 7, 2011 at 5:49 PM

As a life long Pistons fan, I hated MJ when he played for the Bulls. I have to agree that he is more than likely egotistic, 99% of people that have enjoyed his success are. However, he has put in his time and worked hard for his spoils in life, so why should we complain that he is using the jet to flaunt his success? I would suspect that pretty much everyone of us; if we had achieved that level of financial success in life would have something that reflected the same thing. It may not be a jet, it could be a car, house, boat, property or something else but I would bet we all would have it. I know I would. Besides, as humans we are inherently greedy so unless you have that philanthropic tendency, y’all need to quit complaining.

• whiskeyontherox - Oct 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I can guarantee that I would.

@ogre2010 and florida727 – Stop it…customized private jet or standing barefoot in the security check line at LAX/LaGuardia/ O’Hare….yeah thats what I thought.

• fanofevilempire - Feb 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM

This TSA @ JFK is checking shoes, so it’s my turn, he looks at my
        11′s-Concords, looks at me and says,” don’t worry, you good ” take that Kim and Kanye.

3. lionsplayoffs - Dec 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I think it’s pretty cool – and I’m also a Pistons fan who hated Jordan. It’s not obnoxious at all. It’s subtle, and his logo is very classy. What I really like is the UNC baby blue action on it. Good work MJ, or good work designer hired by MJ.

• crik911 - Feb 17, 2013 at 8:38 AM

i too literally hated MJ. Thought he was a clown for beating up on my Pistons as a young child. Now that im older I realize his skills, work ethic and ability to produce in clutch situations is unrivaled. I have an all white Jordan hoodie and I feel BOSS in it, I can’t imagine being MJ in his own plane with that sick colours and sick logo on it.

You go MJ you earned it. Literally changed the shoe and apparel world by HIMSELF!

4. jimeejohnson - Dec 30, 2011 at 12:44 PM

My faith in humanity gets restored occasionally when reading comments from those who respect one of the greatest athletes ever even though he beat up on their teams. I was never a Bull’s fan, either (like to see them get to the finals now, though) and while MJ may not be perfect, that is one sweet plane. Thanks for sharing this with us, Kurt. Happy New Year to you all!

5. tsoul007 - Mar 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM

M. J. His Airness worked hard for what he’s got. I don’t see any ego anywhere. He’s got the right to do whatever he wants with his hard earned cash. Whenever a black man is living large, heaters would say he sold his soul to the devil. When will all you haters just get a job and leave people alone to live their life?

6. willhnic - Mar 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I have to comment on this.

1 – The writer is insecure. The fact Jordan has customized golf bags and personal jet doesn’t make MJ egotistical. It makes him a man. How many of us today want to customize our house, cars, motorcycles, etc. to resemble the things that are important to us. Think about it…MJ and 23 are the two things that he can tangible look at and smile. Its like when I look at any colors or symbols I have used to remind me of the teams I have and do love.

2 – How is MJ egotistical when NO ONE even knew about his golf bags or plane design until THIS article. Funny! :)

Outside of that…I have nothing but luv for MJ and his skills. The best era in NBA basketball history.

Woodson, D'Antoni's coaching futures