Oct 7, 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
This weekend, with a guillotine hanging over the start of the NBA season, players will take part in a couple of celebrity games (LeBron vs. Wade in Miami, Goodman vs. Drew in Los Angeles). We could use the escape and see some actual hoops.
And as a reminder of how fun exhibitions can be, we bring you a video of Michael Jordan vs. Dominique Wilkins in some of the best dunk contests the league has ever seen.
Enjoy. We’ll go back to being depressed about the NBA on Monday.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3