Oct 6, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Ty Lawson is still struggling in Lithuania. Today, he went scoreless in six minutes of action for Zalgiris Kaunas.
The NBA players heading overseas right now come with a target on their back. Combine that with the referees allowing a far more physical style of play and a very different offensive style and you will have guys finding the adjustment harder than they expected.
The level of play in Europe is good. This is not some cakewalk for guys heading over there. But it’s all good because Lawson has this sweet ride while in Europe.
Don’t read anything into these struggles, Lawson will come back after the lockout and pick up right where he left off. This is his comfort zone, he will be fine. (Well, except for half his team is now in China.)
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42