Oct 6, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Ty Lawson is still struggling in Lithuania. Today, he went scoreless in six minutes of action for Zalgiris Kaunas.
The NBA players heading overseas right now come with a target on their back. Combine that with the referees allowing a far more physical style of play and a very different offensive style and you will have guys finding the adjustment harder than they expected.
The level of play in Europe is good. This is not some cakewalk for guys heading over there. But it’s all good because Lawson has this sweet ride while in Europe.
Don’t read anything into these struggles, Lawson will come back after the lockout and pick up right where he left off. This is his comfort zone, he will be fine. (Well, except for half his team is now in China.)
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 5
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14