Oct 6, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Ty Lawson is still struggling in Lithuania. Today, he went scoreless in six minutes of action for Zalgiris Kaunas.
The NBA players heading overseas right now come with a target on their back. Combine that with the referees allowing a far more physical style of play and a very different offensive style and you will have guys finding the adjustment harder than they expected.
The level of play in Europe is good. This is not some cakewalk for guys heading over there. But it’s all good because Lawson has this sweet ride while in Europe.
Don’t read anything into these struggles, Lawson will come back after the lockout and pick up right where he left off. This is his comfort zone, he will be fine. (Well, except for half his team is now in China.)
- Memphis’ defense, discipline propel them past Thunder in overtime lead series 2-1 0
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 13
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 49
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 11