Oct 6, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Ty Lawson is still struggling in Lithuania. Today, he went scoreless in six minutes of action for Zalgiris Kaunas.
The NBA players heading overseas right now come with a target on their back. Combine that with the referees allowing a far more physical style of play and a very different offensive style and you will have guys finding the adjustment harder than they expected.
The level of play in Europe is good. This is not some cakewalk for guys heading over there. But it’s all good because Lawson has this sweet ride while in Europe.
Don’t read anything into these struggles, Lawson will come back after the lockout and pick up right where he left off. This is his comfort zone, he will be fine. (Well, except for half his team is now in China.)
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record