Oct 6, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Ty Lawson is still struggling in Lithuania. Today, he went scoreless in six minutes of action for Zalgiris Kaunas.
The NBA players heading overseas right now come with a target on their back. Combine that with the referees allowing a far more physical style of play and a very different offensive style and you will have guys finding the adjustment harder than they expected.
The level of play in Europe is good. This is not some cakewalk for guys heading over there. But it’s all good because Lawson has this sweet ride while in Europe.
Don’t read anything into these struggles, Lawson will come back after the lockout and pick up right where he left off. This is his comfort zone, he will be fine. (Well, except for half his team is now in China.)
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4