Oct 6, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Can you have bulletin board material during a lockout?
If so, Rajon Rondo gave some to the Bulls and the Chicago fans. Not that they need it — Boston and Chicago have a great rivalry already. One that was rekindled by the knock-down, drag-out seven game series from the first round of the 2009 playoffs. That plus the Celtics are a fading title contender and the Bulls are on the rise. It all comes together nicely.
The most obnoxious crowd? “I’d say Chicago. Ever since a couple years back in the playoffs, me and Kirk [Hinrich] got into it and they’ve been booing me and heckling me ever since.”
As for Rondo’s home court, the TD Banknorth Garden? “It’s very intense, even on Sunday games,” he said. “Sunday afternoon, it’s still alive in the Garden.”
Bulls’ fans don’t want the other team lighting up Hinrich. Only they can do that.
The Bulls don’t need the bulletin board material, they have Tom Thibodeau to yell at them if they don’t run to get a drink of water during practice. Bulls’ fans on the other hand, they will remember. Rondo just added to his reception next time the Celtics head into the Windy City.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17