Oct 6, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Can you have bulletin board material during a lockout?
If so, Rajon Rondo gave some to the Bulls and the Chicago fans. Not that they need it — Boston and Chicago have a great rivalry already. One that was rekindled by the knock-down, drag-out seven game series from the first round of the 2009 playoffs. That plus the Celtics are a fading title contender and the Bulls are on the rise. It all comes together nicely.
The most obnoxious crowd? “I’d say Chicago. Ever since a couple years back in the playoffs, me and Kirk [Hinrich] got into it and they’ve been booing me and heckling me ever since.”
As for Rondo’s home court, the TD Banknorth Garden? “It’s very intense, even on Sunday games,” he said. “Sunday afternoon, it’s still alive in the Garden.”
Bulls’ fans don’t want the other team lighting up Hinrich. Only they can do that.
The Bulls don’t need the bulletin board material, they have Tom Thibodeau to yell at them if they don’t run to get a drink of water during practice. Bulls’ fans on the other hand, they will remember. Rondo just added to his reception next time the Celtics head into the Windy City.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61