Oct 6, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Can you have bulletin board material during a lockout?
If so, Rajon Rondo gave some to the Bulls and the Chicago fans. Not that they need it — Boston and Chicago have a great rivalry already. One that was rekindled by the knock-down, drag-out seven game series from the first round of the 2009 playoffs. That plus the Celtics are a fading title contender and the Bulls are on the rise. It all comes together nicely.
The most obnoxious crowd? “I’d say Chicago. Ever since a couple years back in the playoffs, me and Kirk [Hinrich] got into it and they’ve been booing me and heckling me ever since.”
As for Rondo’s home court, the TD Banknorth Garden? “It’s very intense, even on Sunday games,” he said. “Sunday afternoon, it’s still alive in the Garden.”
Bulls’ fans don’t want the other team lighting up Hinrich. Only they can do that.
The Bulls don’t need the bulletin board material, they have Tom Thibodeau to yell at them if they don’t run to get a drink of water during practice. Bulls’ fans on the other hand, they will remember. Rondo just added to his reception next time the Celtics head into the Windy City.
- Why shot-location defense matters 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 5
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 8
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6