Oct 6, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Can you have bulletin board material during a lockout?
If so, Rajon Rondo gave some to the Bulls and the Chicago fans. Not that they need it — Boston and Chicago have a great rivalry already. One that was rekindled by the knock-down, drag-out seven game series from the first round of the 2009 playoffs. That plus the Celtics are a fading title contender and the Bulls are on the rise. It all comes together nicely.
The most obnoxious crowd? “I’d say Chicago. Ever since a couple years back in the playoffs, me and Kirk [Hinrich] got into it and they’ve been booing me and heckling me ever since.”
As for Rondo’s home court, the TD Banknorth Garden? “It’s very intense, even on Sunday games,” he said. “Sunday afternoon, it’s still alive in the Garden.”
Bulls’ fans don’t want the other team lighting up Hinrich. Only they can do that.
The Bulls don’t need the bulletin board material, they have Tom Thibodeau to yell at them if they don’t run to get a drink of water during practice. Bulls’ fans on the other hand, they will remember. Rondo just added to his reception next time the Celtics head into the Windy City.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final