Oct 6, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Sadly, this isn’t shocking or unlikely.
Isaiah “J.R.” Rider has been picked up on a parole violation and remains behind bars in Arizona, TMZ reports. He was on probation for a 2010 violation where he tried to flee from police who wanted to pull him over for erratic driving.
But it could also have been tied to his arrest last year for assaulting his fiancé. Or it could go back even farther to previous charges of domestic violence, battery, fraud (having a cell phone rigged to charge the calls to another number) and multiple arrests for possession of marijuana.
Rider stuck in the NBA for nine seasons (the last one was 2001-02) because he could put the ball in the hole (he had six seasons averaging 16 or more points per game). He also won a dunk contest, and becaus of those things fans liked him. But he was of average efficiency as a scorer and he had a lot of run ins with management, so he bounced around the league.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 14
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 24
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24