Oct 6, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Sadly, this isn’t shocking or unlikely.
Isaiah “J.R.” Rider has been picked up on a parole violation and remains behind bars in Arizona, TMZ reports. He was on probation for a 2010 violation where he tried to flee from police who wanted to pull him over for erratic driving.
But it could also have been tied to his arrest last year for assaulting his fiancé. Or it could go back even farther to previous charges of domestic violence, battery, fraud (having a cell phone rigged to charge the calls to another number) and multiple arrests for possession of marijuana.
Rider stuck in the NBA for nine seasons (the last one was 2001-02) because he could put the ball in the hole (he had six seasons averaging 16 or more points per game). He also won a dunk contest, and becaus of those things fans liked him. But he was of average efficiency as a scorer and he had a lot of run ins with management, so he bounced around the league.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5