Oct 6, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
Sadly, this isn’t shocking or unlikely.
Isaiah “J.R.” Rider has been picked up on a parole violation and remains behind bars in Arizona, TMZ reports. He was on probation for a 2010 violation where he tried to flee from police who wanted to pull him over for erratic driving.
But it could also have been tied to his arrest last year for assaulting his fiancé. Or it could go back even farther to previous charges of domestic violence, battery, fraud (having a cell phone rigged to charge the calls to another number) and multiple arrests for possession of marijuana.
Rider stuck in the NBA for nine seasons (the last one was 2001-02) because he could put the ball in the hole (he had six seasons averaging 16 or more points per game). He also won a dunk contest, and becaus of those things fans liked him. But he was of average efficiency as a scorer and he had a lot of run ins with management, so he bounced around the league.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 3
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 3
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9