Oct 6, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
ESPN the Magazine is coming out soon with its annual “body issue” where artistic photographs of athletes’ bodies — barely covered — show off the human form. And likely sells some copies, because isn’t the point of art to make money off of it?
In my darker days I did nude modeling for my local YMCA art class and @espnmagwas there #sorry #bodyissue
Attached was this photo of a nude Griffin going all Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man on the cover. Clearly, Griffin has not stopped working out during the lockout (Griffin has a ridiculously strong work ethic, for the record.) We bring this to you because… well, we like it better than Amar’e Stoudemire’s jump last year for the same issue.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85