Oct 6, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
ESPN the Magazine is coming out soon with its annual “body issue” where artistic photographs of athletes’ bodies — barely covered — show off the human form. And likely sells some copies, because isn’t the point of art to make money off of it?
In my darker days I did nude modeling for my local YMCA art class and @espnmagwas there #sorry #bodyissue
Attached was this photo of a nude Griffin going all Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man on the cover. Clearly, Griffin has not stopped working out during the lockout (Griffin has a ridiculously strong work ethic, for the record.) We bring this to you because… well, we like it better than Amar’e Stoudemire’s jump last year for the same issue.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona