Oct 5, 2011, 9:58 AM EST
Tony Parker was able to work out a deal with Tony Parker that Tony Parker found acceptable and now Tony Parker will be playing in France if the lockout drags out.
Parker, the Spurs point guard, has signed a deal to play for ASVEL Villeurbanne, the team he co-owns in France, during the lockout, according to Sportando.
It will be formally announced at a press conference on Thursday.
In the meantime, at Radio Montecarlo, Parker confirmed the deal: ‘Today I can say that I signed with ASVEL for the lockout period. I took my decision on Monday. For me it is a big honor to return to France and it is a logical choice to play for ASVEL”. As reported by Basketusa.com, Parker accepted to play for the minimum salary, €1.500 per month and paid his own insurance. ‘I had a rich offer from China and an important one from Barcelona, but I said since the beginning I would have played just in France’ said Parker.
Parker will miss the team’s first game but will debut against Paris-Levallois. Parker played for France during the EuroBasket and was the best guard in the tournament, leading France to a third place finish and a spot in next summer’s pre-Olympics qualifying tournament.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10