Oct 5, 2011, 6:23 PM EDT
We told you a couple weeks ago how Portland big man Marcus Camby had been pulled over, found with a small amount of marijuana and charged with possession in Texas. And we all pulled out some old “Jail Blazers” jokes and dusted them off.
Now Camby has been cleared of all charges, reports the Oregonian.
Camby and Kendal Johnson were arrested last month after police discovered a small amount of marijuana in Camby’s car during a traffic stop in Pearland, Texas. But after weighing evidence — and accepting a guilty plea from Johnson — Camby has been cleared of any criminal wrongdoing.
“For the record, Marcus Camby did not get charged with a crime and Marcus Camby did not possess any marijuana,” Randall Novak, Camby’s Houston-based attorney, said.
Texas is not a state with the most progressive marijuana possession laws in the nation (shocking, I know) so this shows how little contraband we are talking about. Also, that is Camby’s cousin taking the hit on this.
David Stern can’t fine Camby even if he wanted to because of the lockout. So Camby walks away from this only have to pay a lawyer.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28