Oct 5, 2011, 6:23 PM EST
We told you a couple weeks ago how Portland big man Marcus Camby had been pulled over, found with a small amount of marijuana and charged with possession in Texas. And we all pulled out some old “Jail Blazers” jokes and dusted them off.
Now Camby has been cleared of all charges, reports the Oregonian.
Camby and Kendal Johnson were arrested last month after police discovered a small amount of marijuana in Camby’s car during a traffic stop in Pearland, Texas. But after weighing evidence — and accepting a guilty plea from Johnson — Camby has been cleared of any criminal wrongdoing.
“For the record, Marcus Camby did not get charged with a crime and Marcus Camby did not possess any marijuana,” Randall Novak, Camby’s Houston-based attorney, said.
Texas is not a state with the most progressive marijuana possession laws in the nation (shocking, I know) so this shows how little contraband we are talking about. Also, that is Camby’s cousin taking the hit on this.
David Stern can’t fine Camby even if he wanted to because of the lockout. So Camby walks away from this only have to pay a lawyer.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 5
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)