Oct 5, 2011, 6:23 PM EST
We told you a couple weeks ago how Portland big man Marcus Camby had been pulled over, found with a small amount of marijuana and charged with possession in Texas. And we all pulled out some old “Jail Blazers” jokes and dusted them off.
Now Camby has been cleared of all charges, reports the Oregonian.
Camby and Kendal Johnson were arrested last month after police discovered a small amount of marijuana in Camby’s car during a traffic stop in Pearland, Texas. But after weighing evidence — and accepting a guilty plea from Johnson — Camby has been cleared of any criminal wrongdoing.
“For the record, Marcus Camby did not get charged with a crime and Marcus Camby did not possess any marijuana,” Randall Novak, Camby’s Houston-based attorney, said.
Texas is not a state with the most progressive marijuana possession laws in the nation (shocking, I know) so this shows how little contraband we are talking about. Also, that is Camby’s cousin taking the hit on this.
David Stern can’t fine Camby even if he wanted to because of the lockout. So Camby walks away from this only have to pay a lawyer.
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 3
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 9
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 18
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 13