Oct 5, 2011, 6:23 PM EDT
We told you a couple weeks ago how Portland big man Marcus Camby had been pulled over, found with a small amount of marijuana and charged with possession in Texas. And we all pulled out some old “Jail Blazers” jokes and dusted them off.
Now Camby has been cleared of all charges, reports the Oregonian.
Camby and Kendal Johnson were arrested last month after police discovered a small amount of marijuana in Camby’s car during a traffic stop in Pearland, Texas. But after weighing evidence — and accepting a guilty plea from Johnson — Camby has been cleared of any criminal wrongdoing.
“For the record, Marcus Camby did not get charged with a crime and Marcus Camby did not possess any marijuana,” Randall Novak, Camby’s Houston-based attorney, said.
Texas is not a state with the most progressive marijuana possession laws in the nation (shocking, I know) so this shows how little contraband we are talking about. Also, that is Camby’s cousin taking the hit on this.
David Stern can’t fine Camby even if he wanted to because of the lockout. So Camby walks away from this only have to pay a lawyer.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11