Oct 5, 2011, 6:23 PM EST
We told you a couple weeks ago how Portland big man Marcus Camby had been pulled over, found with a small amount of marijuana and charged with possession in Texas. And we all pulled out some old “Jail Blazers” jokes and dusted them off.
Now Camby has been cleared of all charges, reports the Oregonian.
Camby and Kendal Johnson were arrested last month after police discovered a small amount of marijuana in Camby’s car during a traffic stop in Pearland, Texas. But after weighing evidence — and accepting a guilty plea from Johnson — Camby has been cleared of any criminal wrongdoing.
“For the record, Marcus Camby did not get charged with a crime and Marcus Camby did not possess any marijuana,” Randall Novak, Camby’s Houston-based attorney, said.
Texas is not a state with the most progressive marijuana possession laws in the nation (shocking, I know) so this shows how little contraband we are talking about. Also, that is Camby’s cousin taking the hit on this.
David Stern can’t fine Camby even if he wanted to because of the lockout. So Camby walks away from this only have to pay a lawyer.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 11
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 13