Oct 5, 2011, 10:50 AM EDT
Kobe described his plans in Italy as “up in the air” at the labor talks Tuesday in New York, but Ginobili is not on board. Not yet, maybe not ever.
That is what his agent told the San Antonio News Express.
Ginobili’s agent, Herb Rudoy, on Tuesday emphatically refuted that report, writing in a text message, “Not true!” when asked if Ginobili had made any such agreement.
It could still happen in theory. But with a deal still possible to save most or all of the NBA season, nobody is pushing to make a move yet. If talks really fall apart and games get cancelled, you could see a number of players make a move overseas pretty quickly.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37