Oct 5, 2011, 10:50 AM EDT
Kobe described his plans in Italy as “up in the air” at the labor talks Tuesday in New York, but Ginobili is not on board. Not yet, maybe not ever.
That is what his agent told the San Antonio News Express.
Ginobili’s agent, Herb Rudoy, on Tuesday emphatically refuted that report, writing in a text message, “Not true!” when asked if Ginobili had made any such agreement.
It could still happen in theory. But with a deal still possible to save most or all of the NBA season, nobody is pushing to make a move yet. If talks really fall apart and games get cancelled, you could see a number of players make a move overseas pretty quickly.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17