Oct 5, 2011, 10:50 AM EDT
Kobe described his plans in Italy as “up in the air” at the labor talks Tuesday in New York, but Ginobili is not on board. Not yet, maybe not ever.
That is what his agent told the San Antonio News Express.
Ginobili’s agent, Herb Rudoy, on Tuesday emphatically refuted that report, writing in a text message, “Not true!” when asked if Ginobili had made any such agreement.
It could still happen in theory. But with a deal still possible to save most or all of the NBA season, nobody is pushing to make a move yet. If talks really fall apart and games get cancelled, you could see a number of players make a move overseas pretty quickly.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55