Oct 4, 2011, 9:46 PM EDT
Jamario Moon is popular in Canada. No, I’m not kidding. He is a high flying dunker who came into the league and had his best season with the Raptors. They still love him north of the border, while America asks “who?”
The NBL is a struggling little league and Moon will be its biggest draw. By far. And the coach of Quebec is pretty excited about that.
“Just his presence will benefit our team,” said Kebs coach Robert Spon. “I think that a player like Jamario join the Kebs is good not only for ourselves but for our league.”
Moon has been in the NBA four years, playing for the Raptors, Heat, Cavaliers and Clippers.
Moon is an NBA free agent, although there is no word if he has an NBA opt-out clause (I would guess he does, because although I don’t know what the NBL pays I will guarantee it is far less than the NBA).
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 1
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 22
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9