Oct 4, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
If you had to choose between living in Milwaukee or Turkey, what would you choose?
Ersan Ilyasova wants to choose Turkey, but may not get that option.
Ilyasova is playing for Anadolu Efes in Istanbul during the lockout, although the Bucks have an option on him for the upcoming season and his deal has an NBA opt-out. Which means if the lockout ends he is obligated to go stateside. But Ilyasova doesn’t want to opt out, according to Sportando.
“I want to stay with Anadolu Efes for the whole year. I hope there is a FIBA rule which would allow me to play the season in Turkey and Efes to keep me. We will fight for TBL and Euroleague. Our goal for the season is to reach the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Final Four in Istanbul. We know we are in a very tough group in Euroleague but we have to go step-by-step” said Ilyasova, as reported by Salsabasket.
Ilyasova was a spot starter for the Bucks last season, averaging 25 minutes and 9.5 points per game. He is a solid backup forward that the Bucks could use. And at a very affordable $2.5 million next season the Bucks likely want him back.
FIBA, ball is in your court.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9