Oct 3, 2011, 11:22 AM EDT
Today, the eyes of the NBA will be on a swanky Manhattan hotel where the NBA and players union will meet again. NBA talk will be about salary caps and basketball related income, with breaks to discuss star-studded games in Miami and Los Angeles next weekend.
What today should be about was NBA training camps opening and us trying to figure out what the heck Metta World Peace (aka Ron Artest) is talking about.
Monday should have been NBA media day league wide, the ritual that is the first day of NBA training camps. Photos would be taken, promos would have been filled and optimism would have abounded — even in Minnesota for a change. Nobody had yet lost a game or suffered an injury. Dallas would talk about repeating, Miami would sound cocky and Carmelo Anthony would talk about his commitment to defense. All things would be possible.
Thanks so much, NBA.
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 22
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 27
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 15
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 71
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 68