Oct 3, 2011, 11:22 AM EDT
Today, the eyes of the NBA will be on a swanky Manhattan hotel where the NBA and players union will meet again. NBA talk will be about salary caps and basketball related income, with breaks to discuss star-studded games in Miami and Los Angeles next weekend.
What today should be about was NBA training camps opening and us trying to figure out what the heck Metta World Peace (aka Ron Artest) is talking about.
Monday should have been NBA media day league wide, the ritual that is the first day of NBA training camps. Photos would be taken, promos would have been filled and optimism would have abounded — even in Minnesota for a change. Nobody had yet lost a game or suffered an injury. Dallas would talk about repeating, Miami would sound cocky and Carmelo Anthony would talk about his commitment to defense. All things would be possible.
Thanks so much, NBA.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61