Oct 3, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
Tony Romo is getting hit harder by Dallas fans Monday than any time he did Sunday. The Cowboys choked away a 24-point lead against the Lions and the Dallas quarterback is taking fire from his own people like he he was a South American dictator. Romo has no friends in Dallas.
Well, he has one.
Dear tony romo. Don’t worry abt all the critics. I heard that same garbage for a long time. Keep working hard and keep improving.
Nowitzki certainly had been called out as not being able to close — as if he could have stopped the referees love affair with Dwyane Wade in the 2006 finals — although the passion around the Mavs is at the level in Dallas it is around the Cowboys. That said, Nowitzki did get his ring after years of hard work and continually improving his game. But Dirk also finally had the right help around him.
Is Jason Garrett capable of being Rick Carlisle savvy? Tyson Chandler was the defensive stopper the Mavericks needed in the paint to get a ring, do the Cowboys have any stoppers on defense? And who on the Cowboys provides the heady, steady leadership of Jason Kidd? I’m fairly sure it’s not Dez Bryant.
It’s not a good day to be Tony Romo, but the big German has got his back.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 15
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 9
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 2
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 16
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (42)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)