Oct 3, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
Tony Romo is getting hit harder by Dallas fans Monday than any time he did Sunday. The Cowboys choked away a 24-point lead against the Lions and the Dallas quarterback is taking fire from his own people like he he was a South American dictator. Romo has no friends in Dallas.
Well, he has one.
Dear tony romo. Don’t worry abt all the critics. I heard that same garbage for a long time. Keep working hard and keep improving.
Nowitzki certainly had been called out as not being able to close — as if he could have stopped the referees love affair with Dwyane Wade in the 2006 finals — although the passion around the Mavs is at the level in Dallas it is around the Cowboys. That said, Nowitzki did get his ring after years of hard work and continually improving his game. But Dirk also finally had the right help around him.
Is Jason Garrett capable of being Rick Carlisle savvy? Tyson Chandler was the defensive stopper the Mavericks needed in the paint to get a ring, do the Cowboys have any stoppers on defense? And who on the Cowboys provides the heady, steady leadership of Jason Kidd? I’m fairly sure it’s not Dez Bryant.
It’s not a good day to be Tony Romo, but the big German has got his back.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 57
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31