Oct 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Another day, another charity game full of highlights which really only reinforce how much better the NBA product is. LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Rudy Gay, and a host of other players played in a charity exhibition Saturday night in support of the CP3 Foundation. The players definitely put on a show, even if you’ve grown as tired of these highlights as I have. Check it out.
There’s a sense of exhaustion coming, and these exhibitions are really actually just serving to remind people of what they love about the NBA. The NBA regular season is a grind, but at least there is legitimate effort, even if it’s workman-like at times. The moments where games are most intense, when both sides are scrapping for a win that matters, that’s what makes the NBA worth watching.
This is like the sound of fireworks without the lights.
But hey, LeBron got pretty high up, there.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 6
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 11
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 22
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 40
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5