Oct 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Another day, another charity game full of highlights which really only reinforce how much better the NBA product is. LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Rudy Gay, and a host of other players played in a charity exhibition Saturday night in support of the CP3 Foundation. The players definitely put on a show, even if you’ve grown as tired of these highlights as I have. Check it out.
There’s a sense of exhaustion coming, and these exhibitions are really actually just serving to remind people of what they love about the NBA. The NBA regular season is a grind, but at least there is legitimate effort, even if it’s workman-like at times. The moments where games are most intense, when both sides are scrapping for a win that matters, that’s what makes the NBA worth watching.
This is like the sound of fireworks without the lights.
But hey, LeBron got pretty high up, there.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 0
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 20
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 16
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 12
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52