Oct 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Another day, another charity game full of highlights which really only reinforce how much better the NBA product is. LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Rudy Gay, and a host of other players played in a charity exhibition Saturday night in support of the CP3 Foundation. The players definitely put on a show, even if you’ve grown as tired of these highlights as I have. Check it out.
There’s a sense of exhaustion coming, and these exhibitions are really actually just serving to remind people of what they love about the NBA. The NBA regular season is a grind, but at least there is legitimate effort, even if it’s workman-like at times. The moments where games are most intense, when both sides are scrapping for a win that matters, that’s what makes the NBA worth watching.
This is like the sound of fireworks without the lights.
But hey, LeBron got pretty high up, there.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 11
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 63
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65