Oct 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Another day, another charity game full of highlights which really only reinforce how much better the NBA product is. LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Rudy Gay, and a host of other players played in a charity exhibition Saturday night in support of the CP3 Foundation. The players definitely put on a show, even if you’ve grown as tired of these highlights as I have. Check it out.
There’s a sense of exhaustion coming, and these exhibitions are really actually just serving to remind people of what they love about the NBA. The NBA regular season is a grind, but at least there is legitimate effort, even if it’s workman-like at times. The moments where games are most intense, when both sides are scrapping for a win that matters, that’s what makes the NBA worth watching.
This is like the sound of fireworks without the lights.
But hey, LeBron got pretty high up, there.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 2
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 40
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11