Oct 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Another day, another charity game full of highlights which really only reinforce how much better the NBA product is. LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Rudy Gay, and a host of other players played in a charity exhibition Saturday night in support of the CP3 Foundation. The players definitely put on a show, even if you’ve grown as tired of these highlights as I have. Check it out.
There’s a sense of exhaustion coming, and these exhibitions are really actually just serving to remind people of what they love about the NBA. The NBA regular season is a grind, but at least there is legitimate effort, even if it’s workman-like at times. The moments where games are most intense, when both sides are scrapping for a win that matters, that’s what makes the NBA worth watching.
This is like the sound of fireworks without the lights.
But hey, LeBron got pretty high up, there.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 5
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 8
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13