Sep 30, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
Friday is a big day in the NBA labor talks — negotiations over the past weeks and years have led to a larger meeting in New York between nearly half the NBA owners and a number of NBA players.
There’s a reason for all the big names: Make progress Friday and through the weekend and maybe the full NBA season can be salvaged. If things fall apart games will be lost.
That’s why all the power players from both sides will be on hand.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10