Sep 30, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
Friday is a big day in the NBA labor talks — negotiations over the past weeks and years have led to a larger meeting in New York between nearly half the NBA owners and a number of NBA players.
There’s a reason for all the big names: Make progress Friday and through the weekend and maybe the full NBA season can be salvaged. If things fall apart games will be lost.
That’s why all the power players from both sides will be on hand.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 8
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15