Sep 30, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
Do you have a thick Brooklyn accent, one that makes people instantly think of Coney Island and egg creams? Can you yell?
Then we may have a job for you.
With their move to Brooklyn next season, the Nets are looking for a new public address announcer and are hosting open tryouts, according to the New Post.
“We’re looking for a fresh voice — people with a booming, dynamic voice that’ll make the building shake,” said Petra Pope, the Nets senior vice president of event marketing.
Make the building shake? Well, so much for the understated tones of Lakers PA guy Lawrence Tanter. We’re talking more John Mason yelling “Deeeetroit Bas-ket-ball.”
The gig starts immediately… well, whenever the lockout ends. The new PA guy will work this season in New Jersey. Don’t worry, longtime PA announcer Gary Sussman still has a job, working in public relations for the Nets.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 8
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0