Sep 30, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Do you have a thick Brooklyn accent, one that makes people instantly think of Coney Island and egg creams? Can you yell?
Then we may have a job for you.
With their move to Brooklyn next season, the Nets are looking for a new public address announcer and are hosting open tryouts, according to the New Post.
“We’re looking for a fresh voice — people with a booming, dynamic voice that’ll make the building shake,” said Petra Pope, the Nets senior vice president of event marketing.
Make the building shake? Well, so much for the understated tones of Lakers PA guy Lawrence Tanter. We’re talking more John Mason yelling “Deeeetroit Bas-ket-ball.”
The gig starts immediately… well, whenever the lockout ends. The new PA guy will work this season in New Jersey. Don’t worry, longtime PA announcer Gary Sussman still has a job, working in public relations for the Nets.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 2
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 9
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60