Sep 30, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Do you have a thick Brooklyn accent, one that makes people instantly think of Coney Island and egg creams? Can you yell?
Then we may have a job for you.
With their move to Brooklyn next season, the Nets are looking for a new public address announcer and are hosting open tryouts, according to the New Post.
“We’re looking for a fresh voice — people with a booming, dynamic voice that’ll make the building shake,” said Petra Pope, the Nets senior vice president of event marketing.
Make the building shake? Well, so much for the understated tones of Lakers PA guy Lawrence Tanter. We’re talking more John Mason yelling “Deeeetroit Bas-ket-ball.”
The gig starts immediately… well, whenever the lockout ends. The new PA guy will work this season in New Jersey. Don’t worry, longtime PA announcer Gary Sussman still has a job, working in public relations for the Nets.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 8
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43