Sep 30, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
Say “Penny” Hardaway and too many people now think of ‘lil Penny, the wise cracking puppet Penny. Nike marketing sticks with you like that.
But lest we forget that Anfernee Hardaway could ball, we bring you his top 10 plays from the 1994-96 season. This is just a series of highlights that don’t show off what a pretty floater in the lane, how he was a guard that understood how to use his size to get off shots.
Injuries robbed him of some great years, which is sad. Enjoy, and remember Hardaway was more than the guy with the puppet.
- Report: Rockets look to trade Asik next week, Varejao in play 0
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 0
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 8
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)