Sep 30, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Say “Penny” Hardaway and too many people now think of ‘lil Penny, the wise cracking puppet Penny. Nike marketing sticks with you like that.
But lest we forget that Anfernee Hardaway could ball, we bring you his top 10 plays from the 1994-96 season. This is just a series of highlights that don’t show off what a pretty floater in the lane, how he was a guard that understood how to use his size to get off shots.
Injuries robbed him of some great years, which is sad. Enjoy, and remember Hardaway was more than the guy with the puppet.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10