Sep 30, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Just a reminder out there for those of you traveling this weekend: The federal government severely frowns on you brining a gun on board an airplane.
Former NBA player Darius Miles forgot that back in August, now he is about to face felony charges for it.
Former NBA player and East St. Louis High School product Darius Miles is facing a weapons charge stemming from a recent incident at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.
The St. Louis County Prosecutor has charged Miles with one felony count of unlawful use of a weapon. Miles was arrested at Lambert in early August after a Transportation Security Administration screener allegedly found a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag.
Miles played seven seasons in the NBA — he was a Clippers lottery pick — but is likely done as an NBA player. His knees are the reason, but his attitude didn’t help. He’s been out of the league two seasons and last training camp the Charlotte Bobcats took a look at him and passed. However, if he had hopes of a comeback, of showing teams how he has matured, this pretty much smashed them.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32