Sep 30, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Just a reminder out there for those of you traveling this weekend: The federal government severely frowns on you brining a gun on board an airplane.
Former NBA player Darius Miles forgot that back in August, now he is about to face felony charges for it.
Former NBA player and East St. Louis High School product Darius Miles is facing a weapons charge stemming from a recent incident at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.
The St. Louis County Prosecutor has charged Miles with one felony count of unlawful use of a weapon. Miles was arrested at Lambert in early August after a Transportation Security Administration screener allegedly found a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag.
Miles played seven seasons in the NBA — he was a Clippers lottery pick — but is likely done as an NBA player. His knees are the reason, but his attitude didn’t help. He’s been out of the league two seasons and last training camp the Charlotte Bobcats took a look at him and passed. However, if he had hopes of a comeback, of showing teams how he has matured, this pretty much smashed them.
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 4
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 18
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 20
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 16
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 49