Sep 30, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Just a reminder out there for those of you traveling this weekend: The federal government severely frowns on you brining a gun on board an airplane.
Former NBA player Darius Miles forgot that back in August, now he is about to face felony charges for it.
Former NBA player and East St. Louis High School product Darius Miles is facing a weapons charge stemming from a recent incident at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.
The St. Louis County Prosecutor has charged Miles with one felony count of unlawful use of a weapon. Miles was arrested at Lambert in early August after a Transportation Security Administration screener allegedly found a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag.
Miles played seven seasons in the NBA — he was a Clippers lottery pick — but is likely done as an NBA player. His knees are the reason, but his attitude didn’t help. He’s been out of the league two seasons and last training camp the Charlotte Bobcats took a look at him and passed. However, if he had hopes of a comeback, of showing teams how he has matured, this pretty much smashed them.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18