Sep 30, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Just a reminder out there for those of you traveling this weekend: The federal government severely frowns on you brining a gun on board an airplane.
Former NBA player Darius Miles forgot that back in August, now he is about to face felony charges for it.
Former NBA player and East St. Louis High School product Darius Miles is facing a weapons charge stemming from a recent incident at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.
The St. Louis County Prosecutor has charged Miles with one felony count of unlawful use of a weapon. Miles was arrested at Lambert in early August after a Transportation Security Administration screener allegedly found a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag.
Miles played seven seasons in the NBA — he was a Clippers lottery pick — but is likely done as an NBA player. His knees are the reason, but his attitude didn’t help. He’s been out of the league two seasons and last training camp the Charlotte Bobcats took a look at him and passed. However, if he had hopes of a comeback, of showing teams how he has matured, this pretty much smashed them.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61