Sep 30, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Just a reminder out there for those of you traveling this weekend: The federal government severely frowns on you brining a gun on board an airplane.
Former NBA player Darius Miles forgot that back in August, now he is about to face felony charges for it.
Former NBA player and East St. Louis High School product Darius Miles is facing a weapons charge stemming from a recent incident at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.
The St. Louis County Prosecutor has charged Miles with one felony count of unlawful use of a weapon. Miles was arrested at Lambert in early August after a Transportation Security Administration screener allegedly found a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag.
Miles played seven seasons in the NBA — he was a Clippers lottery pick — but is likely done as an NBA player. His knees are the reason, but his attitude didn’t help. He’s been out of the league two seasons and last training camp the Charlotte Bobcats took a look at him and passed. However, if he had hopes of a comeback, of showing teams how he has matured, this pretty much smashed them.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2