Sep 29, 2011, 11:49 AM EDT
Less than a decade ago, the kind of collapse the Boston Red Sox pulled off in the last month would have been just part of another typical New England fall. It was just another scar for a fan base that expected nothing less and bonded over those wounds.
But this time, you can blame LeBron James if you want.
Nice memory. Today will be fun RT @DinoNYK: In april lebron deals w/ the owner of the red sox. sox dominate until last month, then choke
Remember that LeBron struck a deal to turn his marketing over to the Fenway Sports Group, an arm of the Red Sox organization. And you LeBron haters haven’t forgot that he didn’t finish strong in the NBA finals (although you conviently forget how he dominated the Bulls late in the conference finals, at both end of the floor).
So LeBron is cursed, the Red Sox is cursed, that means 1+1= a good sports joke. A chance to mock LeBron and Red Sox Nation at one time.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23