Sep 29, 2011, 11:49 AM EDT
Less than a decade ago, the kind of collapse the Boston Red Sox pulled off in the last month would have been just part of another typical New England fall. It was just another scar for a fan base that expected nothing less and bonded over those wounds.
But this time, you can blame LeBron James if you want.
Nice memory. Today will be fun RT @DinoNYK: In april lebron deals w/ the owner of the red sox. sox dominate until last month, then choke
Remember that LeBron struck a deal to turn his marketing over to the Fenway Sports Group, an arm of the Red Sox organization. And you LeBron haters haven’t forgot that he didn’t finish strong in the NBA finals (although you conviently forget how he dominated the Bulls late in the conference finals, at both end of the floor).
So LeBron is cursed, the Red Sox is cursed, that means 1+1= a good sports joke. A chance to mock LeBron and Red Sox Nation at one time.
- Kobe tweets he wants Howard and Gasol back with Lakers 0
- Why there’s a 100 percent chance the NBA lottery is fixed 2
- Stan Van Gundy says he will not coach anywhere next season 2
- Spurs/Grizzlies preview: Game 2 will be closer, but will that be enough for Memphis? 0
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 30
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay