Sep 29, 2011, 11:49 AM EDT
Less than a decade ago, the kind of collapse the Boston Red Sox pulled off in the last month would have been just part of another typical New England fall. It was just another scar for a fan base that expected nothing less and bonded over those wounds.
But this time, you can blame LeBron James if you want.
Nice memory. Today will be fun RT @DinoNYK: In april lebron deals w/ the owner of the red sox. sox dominate until last month, then choke
Remember that LeBron struck a deal to turn his marketing over to the Fenway Sports Group, an arm of the Red Sox organization. And you LeBron haters haven’t forgot that he didn’t finish strong in the NBA finals (although you conviently forget how he dominated the Bulls late in the conference finals, at both end of the floor).
So LeBron is cursed, the Red Sox is cursed, that means 1+1= a good sports joke. A chance to mock LeBron and Red Sox Nation at one time.
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 8
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 11
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 2
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 8
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 9