Sep 29, 2011, 11:49 AM EDT
Less than a decade ago, the kind of collapse the Boston Red Sox pulled off in the last month would have been just part of another typical New England fall. It was just another scar for a fan base that expected nothing less and bonded over those wounds.
But this time, you can blame LeBron James if you want.
Nice memory. Today will be fun RT @DinoNYK: In april lebron deals w/ the owner of the red sox. sox dominate until last month, then choke
Remember that LeBron struck a deal to turn his marketing over to the Fenway Sports Group, an arm of the Red Sox organization. And you LeBron haters haven’t forgot that he didn’t finish strong in the NBA finals (although you conviently forget how he dominated the Bulls late in the conference finals, at both end of the floor).
So LeBron is cursed, the Red Sox is cursed, that means 1+1= a good sports joke. A chance to mock LeBron and Red Sox Nation at one time.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4