Delonte West says he has a job in a furniture store

Sep 29, 2011, 8:42 AM EDT

WEST_DELONTE

Delonte West has a job. One a lot more like yours than his last one as point guard for the Celtics.

Throughout the lockout West has tweeted about getting a job — at Home Depot was the big one, but there have been other efforts.

Then Wednesday came these tweets:

Applied at Regency Furniture, need a 2nd job to stay afloat during the lockout. (This tweet included a photo of the application.)

I am now an official employee of Regency Furniture.. Check me out on my first day (attached was a photo of West driving his car)

West applied for full-time work in a “stock” position with Regency, which is a furniture chain with seven stores Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C., according to the company Web site.

On his application, West admitted he has been convicted of a crime, when asked to explain it he simply wrote “misunderstanding.”

Forget what David Stern is saying, this is the real pressure to get the lockout solved this weekend.

1. wanghunglo - Sep 29, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Is he serious that he needs a 2nd job to stay afloat? Or is he running a joke in to the ground in regards to the lockout and looking to work elsewhere?

Maybe you have child support, unpaid court costs but your $1 million dollar contract last year I’m sure could be managed better, or what about the $12.7 million dollar contract you signed in 2008?

2. buttercheck - Sep 29, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I woulda figured Lebron’s mom woulda hired him to do odd jobs around the house. ODD jobs. Really, really ODD jobs.

3. rajbais - Sep 29, 2011 at 10:54 AM

This is sad because he’s not that broke … yet!!

4. sknut - Sep 29, 2011 at 11:31 AM

How would you like to be the guy who didn’t get the job because they gave it to Delonte. Plus its free publicity for the store but it is really sad if he can’t afford to live without a second job.

5. drmonkeyarmy - Sep 29, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Maybe people are looking at this wrong. Maybe he has a set amount of money that he doesn’t touch under any circumstance. In that instance, another job might be necessary to maintain his current standard of living (paying whatever bills he has) while not spending the untouchable amount of money. In that instance, it is not that he is broke…just that he doesn’t want to become broke. Smart move if you ask me.

• drmonkeyarmy - Sep 29, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Sorry, I will stick to the same stale script as everybody else….LeBron’s mom, NBA players are financially irresponsible without exception, and ha ha he is broke.

• stayhigh_247 - Sep 30, 2011 at 11:20 AM

thats not a smart move! he’s a millionaire, go buy a Mcdonalds. in fact it shows how little business sense he has. hell, he could become a jeweler and make his normal salary from dumb athletes…. or maybe he should sell some guns….

6. asublimeday - Sep 29, 2011 at 3:06 PM

“I misunderstood that I am not allowed to break the law”

• pmpott - Dec 13, 2011 at 8:19 AM

“I didn’t know I couldn’t do that”

7. shorttracknews - Sep 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM

That’s what I want…” Hey neck tattoo, do you have this sofa in a lighter brown???”

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches