Sep 29, 2011, 8:42 AM EDT
Delonte West has a job. One a lot more like yours than his last one as point guard for the Celtics.
Throughout the lockout West has tweeted about getting a job — at Home Depot was the big one, but there have been other efforts.
Then Wednesday came these tweets:
Applied at Regency Furniture, need a 2nd job to stay afloat during the lockout. (This tweet included a photo of the application.)
I am now an official employee of Regency Furniture.. Check me out on my first day (attached was a photo of West driving his car)
West applied for full-time work in a “stock” position with Regency, which is a furniture chain with seven stores Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C., according to the company Web site.
On his application, West admitted he has been convicted of a crime, when asked to explain it he simply wrote “misunderstanding.”
Forget what David Stern is saying, this is the real pressure to get the lockout solved this weekend.
- Report: Houston Rockets will not match Mavericks’ Chandler Parsons’ offer, he’s Dallas bound 46
- Dante Exum impresses in flashes during Summer League debut with Jazz 11
- Reports: Luol Deng agrees to two years, $20 million deal with Miami 53
- Cavaliers coach Blatt: Wiggins “not going anywhere” 80
- It’s official: Carmelo Anthony announces he will remain face of New York Knicks 44
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 70
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 51
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 61