Sep 29, 2011, 8:42 AM EDT
Delonte West has a job. One a lot more like yours than his last one as point guard for the Celtics.
Throughout the lockout West has tweeted about getting a job — at Home Depot was the big one, but there have been other efforts.
Then Wednesday came these tweets:
Applied at Regency Furniture, need a 2nd job to stay afloat during the lockout. (This tweet included a photo of the application.)
I am now an official employee of Regency Furniture.. Check me out on my first day (attached was a photo of West driving his car)
West applied for full-time work in a “stock” position with Regency, which is a furniture chain with seven stores Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C., according to the company Web site.
On his application, West admitted he has been convicted of a crime, when asked to explain it he simply wrote “misunderstanding.”
Forget what David Stern is saying, this is the real pressure to get the lockout solved this weekend.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 10
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 41
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 22