Sep 29, 2011, 8:42 AM EST
Delonte West has a job. One a lot more like yours than his last one as point guard for the Celtics.
Throughout the lockout West has tweeted about getting a job — at Home Depot was the big one, but there have been other efforts.
Then Wednesday came these tweets:
Applied at Regency Furniture, need a 2nd job to stay afloat during the lockout. (This tweet included a photo of the application.)
I am now an official employee of Regency Furniture.. Check me out on my first day (attached was a photo of West driving his car)
West applied for full-time work in a “stock” position with Regency, which is a furniture chain with seven stores Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C., according to the company Web site.
On his application, West admitted he has been convicted of a crime, when asked to explain it he simply wrote “misunderstanding.”
Forget what David Stern is saying, this is the real pressure to get the lockout solved this weekend.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29