Sep 29, 2011, 8:42 AM EDT
Delonte West has a job. One a lot more like yours than his last one as point guard for the Celtics.
Throughout the lockout West has tweeted about getting a job — at Home Depot was the big one, but there have been other efforts.
Then Wednesday came these tweets:
Applied at Regency Furniture, need a 2nd job to stay afloat during the lockout. (This tweet included a photo of the application.)
I am now an official employee of Regency Furniture.. Check me out on my first day (attached was a photo of West driving his car)
West applied for full-time work in a “stock” position with Regency, which is a furniture chain with seven stores Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C., according to the company Web site.
On his application, West admitted he has been convicted of a crime, when asked to explain it he simply wrote “misunderstanding.”
Forget what David Stern is saying, this is the real pressure to get the lockout solved this weekend.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 1
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 25
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15