Sep 29, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Pistons big man Ben Wallace, who anchored the defense that won the franchise a title in 2004, was arrested over the weekend.
Wallace, 37, of Bloomfield Hills was pulled over about 3 a.m. Saturday behind the wheel of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade, township police said. Wallace was arrested without incident for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
A search of the vehicle found an unloaded pistol in a backpack in the passenger compartment, police said. At the police station, Wallace was given a breathalyzer test, which showed he had a blood alcohol count above the .08 level considered intoxicated. The reading was not released by police.
Wallace did not have a permit for that pistol. He was arraigned on Monday for driving while intoxicated and having a concealed weapon, but is free on a $5,000 bond.
Big Ben has one more season at $2.2 million left on his contract with Detroit.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 8
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6