Sep 29, 2011, 10:17 PM EST
Andre Iguodala has a lot of money to take care of — he’s already made $44 million in his career and he has about that much more coming to him the next three years (which is why the 76ers shop him around).
Most players treat that much money like they’re in an episode of “Entourage” (the early years, before it sucked), so props to Iggy for learning how to take care of and grow that cash.
He’s interning his summer at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, according to Marc Spears with Yahoo.
Iguodala shadowed a venture capitalist and visited the New York Stock Exchange as part of a week-long internship with Bank of America Merrill Lynch arranged by his financial planner. If the lockout drags on, he’s also considering taking a separate internship with a hedge fund or an apparel company.
“I always had an interest in what was going on in the market,” Iguodala said. “I have a couple of teammates, Jason Kapono and Spencer Hawes, who are into it. I always read USA Today and the Wall Street Journal, and I have an E-Trade account, so the interest in finance has always been there.
Iguodala may want to take everything he’s learning with a grain of salt — Merrill Lynch was one of the firms that helped crash our economy then needed a federal bailout. Still, there are a whole lot worse ways he could have spent his offseason.
Go read the entire Yahoo story and you can also read Iggy spouting the union company line on the lockout.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4