Sep 28, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Really fascinating little bit of research over at Golden State of Mind (a fantastic Warriors blog you should be checking out anyway) — they ran the numbers to see who had the most dunks, layups, hook shots and tip in across the NBA last season.
They did it by “dunks per 100 possessions,” which basically comes down to when this guy makes a play how often does he dunk (or tip in or lay up).
Not shockingly, it was a Clipper on top of the dunk parade — DeAndre Jordan. What, you were expecting someone else on the Clippers? Oh, him. He came in third.
Here are the top 10 dunkers (but check out the entire link to see the top 30):
1. DeAndre Jordan (Clippers, 4.45 per 100 possessions)
2. Dwight Howard (Magic, 4.21)
3. Blake Griffin (Clippers, 4.04)
4. JaVale McGee (Wizards, 3.82)
5. Tyson Chandler (Mavericks, 3.48)
6. Ryan Hollins (Cavaliers, 3.37)
7. Hakim Warrick (Suns, 3.33)
8. Andrew Bynum (Lakers, 2.88)
9. Kenyon Martin (Nuggets, 2.83)
10. LaMarcus Aldridge (Trail Blazers, 2.82)
Not sure there are a lot of surprises on that list.
Top three guys to take hook shots? Bogut (made 44.8 percent), Darko Milicic (45.3 percent), Roy Hibbert (54.2 percent). Maybe Hibbert can show that hook shot off a little on Parks and Recreation Thursday night.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 20
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 18
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26