Sep 28, 2011, 10:51 PM EST
Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski was on NBC’s Sports Talk Wednesday on Versus and gives a quality breakdown of where we stand heading into this weekend’s NBA labor negotiations.
I’m with Woj on this — I think there will be games. The full season will not be lost. I think David Stern’s threats are a negotiating tactic, not where we will end up.
But be careful about getting your hopes up for the two sides to come together this weekend. If the owners continue to demand more than 50 percent of Basketball Related Income and player salary rollbacks, the players are not going to cave. Not yet.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 3
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 31
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)