Sep 28, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
You should be watching this show every Thursday night anyway (right here on NBC!), but now we’re giving you an even better reason — Roy Hibbert’s debut. Yes, the Pacers Roy Hibbert. What, you know another one? He will have a part in this week’s episode.
Parks and Recreation’s premise is based around the parks and recreation department in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana. Having current of former Pacer player as a basketball consultant fits with the show story arc well — they have used Detlef Schrempf in the past.
Hibbert should be an awesome fit. We’d be watching even Hibbert were not on the show, but now it gives you another reason to jump in. Watch because the show is funny. Watch because we don’t want show runner Michael Schur to have to go back to sports blogging.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 17
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14