Sep 27, 2011, 2:31 PM EST
Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol are a great fit together. Penut butter and chocolate. Gasol’s defense and willingness to do the dirty work are the ying to Randolph’s offensive yang. They are Bert and Ernie, Chip and Dale, Starsky and Hutch, Turner and Hooch — a nearly perfect pairing.
So if Randolph is going to play overseas during the lockout, he wants to do it with Gasol.
“I’m going to wait and see what’s going on Nov. 1,” Randolph said. “That’s when I’ll make a decision. And then I’m going to see what Marc is doing. I’d like to go wherever he goes. I’d want to talk to him and stick with my big fella.”
If Gasol (Marc or his brother Pau) go overseas to play during the lockout, it likely would be with Barcelona. The European hoops powerhouse is where both of them played as youth before coming over to the NBA. It’s home.
I’ve seen the food in Barcelona, some of the most creative and cutting edge stuff in the world. It’s fantastic. But I’m not sure it’s very Z-Bo friendly. How many tapas bites could Randolph eat in one evening?
Still, it shows you how much Randolph respects and likes playing with Gasol. Which makes it imperative the Grizzlies re-sign Gasol for next season.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 4
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 14
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 20
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3