Sep 27, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol are a great fit together. Penut butter and chocolate. Gasol’s defense and willingness to do the dirty work are the ying to Randolph’s offensive yang. They are Bert and Ernie, Chip and Dale, Starsky and Hutch, Turner and Hooch — a nearly perfect pairing.
So if Randolph is going to play overseas during the lockout, he wants to do it with Gasol.
“I’m going to wait and see what’s going on Nov. 1,” Randolph said. “That’s when I’ll make a decision. And then I’m going to see what Marc is doing. I’d like to go wherever he goes. I’d want to talk to him and stick with my big fella.”
If Gasol (Marc or his brother Pau) go overseas to play during the lockout, it likely would be with Barcelona. The European hoops powerhouse is where both of them played as youth before coming over to the NBA. It’s home.
I’ve seen the food in Barcelona, some of the most creative and cutting edge stuff in the world. It’s fantastic. But I’m not sure it’s very Z-Bo friendly. How many tapas bites could Randolph eat in one evening?
Still, it shows you how much Randolph respects and likes playing with Gasol. Which makes it imperative the Grizzlies re-sign Gasol for next season.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17