Sep 27, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT
Of course, it’s all for charity, an Oct 8 game at Florida International University. Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated tweeted about it Monday night and ESPN’s Chris Broussard had the details Tuesday morning.
The game will be held on Oct. 8 at 7 p.m. ET at Florida International University, where Hall of Famer Isiah Thomas is coach. All proceeds will go toward a charity supporting the educational community of South Florida.
This is the most star-studded of the summer (now fall) pro-am games thanks to Nike. The teams break out as Team Brand Jordan — led by Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul — versus Team Nike — James and Kevin Durant. Also expected to play are Russell Westbrook, Amar’e Stoudemire, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Gay, John Wall, Jamal Crawford, Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Lou Williams and maybe top pick Kyrie Irving. Eddy Curry is also on the list, but I wouldn’t bet the house on him showing.
You can bet the game will sell out, you can also bet it will be entertaining. And like all the other pro-am games this summer, you can bet there will be no defense.
For a number of these players this will mean a cross-country flight as the next day the Goodman vs. Drew League rematch is scheduled in Los Angeles.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18