Sep 27, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
I’m now picturing the Nets warming up in hoodies that say Rocawear across the chest. But that’s not going to happen. Probably.
Still, Nets owner Jay-Z — the rap mogul who has had his hand in a number of businesses, including fashion — is going to help design the new Brooklyn Nets uniforms, according to the New York Post. As part of that the team’s colors are likely to change from the current red, white and blue, officials said.
Jay Z, Adidas and the Nets are currently ironing out a logo for the Brooklyn Nets and deciding what colors their uniforms should be.
No matter what, the logo will feature Brooklyn prominently because the club wants to tap into the borough’s world-popular brand name, officials said.
Officials said they even flirted with renaming the team the Brooklyn Dodgers — replacing the baseball team that moved west more than 50 years ago — but realized that was just a terrible idea all around. And that’s still a better idea than the one from burrough president Marty Markowitz, who wanted the “Brooklyn ‘Tudes.” Seriously. He should lose his next election on that idea alone.
The best line of the presser came from Jay-Z, when asked how many concerts he would do to open the building.
“Maybe one, maybe two, maybe three, I sound like LeBron [James] now.”
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 1
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29