Sep 27, 2011, 8:24 PM EST
I am pretty weary of the “yea, I might go play overseas” stories out there. I might decide to climb Mount Everest wearing Lederhosen, that’s different than doing it. Still, there are some players that when they say they are thinking about playing overseas, you listen.
Derrick Rose is one of those players.
“Yes, I am taking into consideration that I might move overseas,” the Chicago Bulls guard said. “I don’t know where. There are a lot of great places overseas. I haven’t really had time to get the details of every place….
“It’s kind of weird knowing that I don’t have a job right now,” Rose said. “I haven’t felt this way from high school. It’s all positive, though. I’m hoping the season starts no matter when. Hopefully, I don’t have to go overseas.”
Unless the season is cancelled, Rose is not going to go overseas. Just a guess, but with a lot of elite players I think that is the pattern. If the lockout is still going and looking bleak in mid-November, things could change dramatically. But for now, it’s a waiting game.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28