Sep 27, 2011, 8:24 PM EST
I am pretty weary of the “yea, I might go play overseas” stories out there. I might decide to climb Mount Everest wearing Lederhosen, that’s different than doing it. Still, there are some players that when they say they are thinking about playing overseas, you listen.
Derrick Rose is one of those players.
“Yes, I am taking into consideration that I might move overseas,” the Chicago Bulls guard said. “I don’t know where. There are a lot of great places overseas. I haven’t really had time to get the details of every place….
“It’s kind of weird knowing that I don’t have a job right now,” Rose said. “I haven’t felt this way from high school. It’s all positive, though. I’m hoping the season starts no matter when. Hopefully, I don’t have to go overseas.”
Unless the season is cancelled, Rose is not going to go overseas. Just a guess, but with a lot of elite players I think that is the pattern. If the lockout is still going and looking bleak in mid-November, things could change dramatically. But for now, it’s a waiting game.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 4
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 12
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 19
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30