Sep 27, 2011, 8:24 PM EST
I am pretty weary of the “yea, I might go play overseas” stories out there. I might decide to climb Mount Everest wearing Lederhosen, that’s different than doing it. Still, there are some players that when they say they are thinking about playing overseas, you listen.
Derrick Rose is one of those players.
“Yes, I am taking into consideration that I might move overseas,” the Chicago Bulls guard said. “I don’t know where. There are a lot of great places overseas. I haven’t really had time to get the details of every place….
“It’s kind of weird knowing that I don’t have a job right now,” Rose said. “I haven’t felt this way from high school. It’s all positive, though. I’m hoping the season starts no matter when. Hopefully, I don’t have to go overseas.”
Unless the season is cancelled, Rose is not going to go overseas. Just a guess, but with a lot of elite players I think that is the pattern. If the lockout is still going and looking bleak in mid-November, things could change dramatically. But for now, it’s a waiting game.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 6
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 7
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 40
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18