Sep 27, 2011, 8:24 PM EDT
I am pretty weary of the “yea, I might go play overseas” stories out there. I might decide to climb Mount Everest wearing Lederhosen, that’s different than doing it. Still, there are some players that when they say they are thinking about playing overseas, you listen.
Derrick Rose is one of those players.
“Yes, I am taking into consideration that I might move overseas,” the Chicago Bulls guard said. “I don’t know where. There are a lot of great places overseas. I haven’t really had time to get the details of every place….
“It’s kind of weird knowing that I don’t have a job right now,” Rose said. “I haven’t felt this way from high school. It’s all positive, though. I’m hoping the season starts no matter when. Hopefully, I don’t have to go overseas.”
Unless the season is cancelled, Rose is not going to go overseas. Just a guess, but with a lot of elite players I think that is the pattern. If the lockout is still going and looking bleak in mid-November, things could change dramatically. But for now, it’s a waiting game.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15