Sep 27, 2011, 8:24 PM EDT
I am pretty weary of the “yea, I might go play overseas” stories out there. I might decide to climb Mount Everest wearing Lederhosen, that’s different than doing it. Still, there are some players that when they say they are thinking about playing overseas, you listen.
Derrick Rose is one of those players.
“Yes, I am taking into consideration that I might move overseas,” the Chicago Bulls guard said. “I don’t know where. There are a lot of great places overseas. I haven’t really had time to get the details of every place….
“It’s kind of weird knowing that I don’t have a job right now,” Rose said. “I haven’t felt this way from high school. It’s all positive, though. I’m hoping the season starts no matter when. Hopefully, I don’t have to go overseas.”
Unless the season is cancelled, Rose is not going to go overseas. Just a guess, but with a lot of elite players I think that is the pattern. If the lockout is still going and looking bleak in mid-November, things could change dramatically. But for now, it’s a waiting game.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 55
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 16
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 43
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33