Sep 26, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has been working the pro-am basketball circuit — he was part of the Goodman team that was in Indianapolis Sunday night — and looking like himself putting up big numbers in smooth way. He dropped 31 points and played a full 48 minutes in Indy.
But this summer he also had operations on both his knee and troublesome elbow (which had bursitis that bothered him during the playoffs), he said after the game. He also has dropped weight this summer, as reported by the New York Post.
“I did both of them,” Anthony said. “They were bothering me seven years.”
Anthony said the procedures came at the same time. The Post had reported in June that he was shut down in the offseason by the Knicks to rest his elbow bursitis, but Anthony had never complained about knee soreness.
This is good if you’re a Knicks fan.
If he has slimmed down and gets his conditioning to where it needs to be — one of the hallmarks of Mike D’Antoni teams has been conditioning — he will have a big impact. Knicks fans are expecting a team that finally made the playoffs to take the next leap forward. A bit part of that will be what role players are around ‘Melo and Amar’e Stoudemire, but the two of them must carry a lot of the load.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 7
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 17
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23