Sep 26, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has been working the pro-am basketball circuit — he was part of the Goodman team that was in Indianapolis Sunday night — and looking like himself putting up big numbers in smooth way. He dropped 31 points and played a full 48 minutes in Indy.
But this summer he also had operations on both his knee and troublesome elbow (which had bursitis that bothered him during the playoffs), he said after the game. He also has dropped weight this summer, as reported by the New York Post.
“I did both of them,” Anthony said. “They were bothering me seven years.”
Anthony said the procedures came at the same time. The Post had reported in June that he was shut down in the offseason by the Knicks to rest his elbow bursitis, but Anthony had never complained about knee soreness.
This is good if you’re a Knicks fan.
If he has slimmed down and gets his conditioning to where it needs to be — one of the hallmarks of Mike D’Antoni teams has been conditioning — he will have a big impact. Knicks fans are expecting a team that finally made the playoffs to take the next leap forward. A bit part of that will be what role players are around ‘Melo and Amar’e Stoudemire, but the two of them must carry a lot of the load.
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 0
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 12
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 15
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 25
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 10
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy