Sep 26, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has been working the pro-am basketball circuit — he was part of the Goodman team that was in Indianapolis Sunday night — and looking like himself putting up big numbers in smooth way. He dropped 31 points and played a full 48 minutes in Indy.
But this summer he also had operations on both his knee and troublesome elbow (which had bursitis that bothered him during the playoffs), he said after the game. He also has dropped weight this summer, as reported by the New York Post.
“I did both of them,” Anthony said. “They were bothering me seven years.”
Anthony said the procedures came at the same time. The Post had reported in June that he was shut down in the offseason by the Knicks to rest his elbow bursitis, but Anthony had never complained about knee soreness.
This is good if you’re a Knicks fan.
If he has slimmed down and gets his conditioning to where it needs to be — one of the hallmarks of Mike D’Antoni teams has been conditioning — he will have a big impact. Knicks fans are expecting a team that finally made the playoffs to take the next leap forward. A bit part of that will be what role players are around ‘Melo and Amar’e Stoudemire, but the two of them must carry a lot of the load.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9