Sep 24, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Jimmer Fredette has yet to play in the NBA, but that doesn’t mean he can’t hold exhibition games just like the league’s biggest stars have all summer.
In this one, appropriately if not modestly-named Jimmer’s All-Stars, Fredette put on a show for fans at Brigham Young University, putting up 27 points. Some of which, of course, came in very Jimmer-like fashion.
The long pull-up three in transition at the 50-second mark is virtually impossible to guard against, so that’s one thing Jimmer has going for him once he starts playing at the professional level. There will be questions about his individual and team defensive skills until he proves he can at least be serviceable in those areas, but offensively, he appears to have such a knack for scoring the basketball that he should at least be somewhat of a problem for opposing defenses on that end of the court.
[via Sactown Royalty]
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)