Sep 24, 2011, 8:23 PM EST
Already, the deadline has passed for the first week of the preseason — the NBA has cancelled it. Without a handshake agreement in the next week, the rest of the preseason is at risk as well. Not long after that comes the start of the regular season.
But what about the All-Star Game? In 1999, after the last lockout, the All-Star Game was one of the things sacrificed to make sure teams could get 50 games crammed in before the playoffs.
The deadline for the All-Star Game scheduled for Orlando this February is mid-December, reports the Orlando Sentinel.
If it is lost, it will create a log jam of future games. The 2013 All-Star game is reportedly heading to Houston. The 2014 game has yet to be awarded but the owners of the new Barclay Center in Brooklyn that will be home to the Nets want the game as soon as possible. It could be 2015 before Orlando gets another kick at the can.
Let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10