Sep 23, 2011, 4:03 PM EDT
Austin Daye, who spent the last couple weeks working on his game at the Impact Series out in Las Vegas, is now apparently going to work on his game in Russia.
He has reportedly inked a deal with BC Khimki, a Moscow based team in the Russian league, according to Obrad Fimic (who is a journalist in Moscow, so we’ll trust him on this).
Daye has developed into a solid big man and one of the young bucks the Pistons would prefer to keep around through the coming rebuilding. His Russian deal has to have an opt-out to return to the NBA if the lockout ends.
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 0
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 1
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 18
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 10
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 8
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4