Sep 23, 2011, 4:03 PM EDT
Austin Daye, who spent the last couple weeks working on his game at the Impact Series out in Las Vegas, is now apparently going to work on his game in Russia.
He has reportedly inked a deal with BC Khimki, a Moscow based team in the Russian league, according to Obrad Fimic (who is a journalist in Moscow, so we’ll trust him on this).
Daye has developed into a solid big man and one of the young bucks the Pistons would prefer to keep around through the coming rebuilding. His Russian deal has to have an opt-out to return to the NBA if the lockout ends.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 13
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 12
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16