Sep 23, 2011, 4:03 PM EST
Austin Daye, who spent the last couple weeks working on his game at the Impact Series out in Las Vegas, is now apparently going to work on his game in Russia.
He has reportedly inked a deal with BC Khimki, a Moscow based team in the Russian league, according to Obrad Fimic (who is a journalist in Moscow, so we’ll trust him on this).
Daye has developed into a solid big man and one of the young bucks the Pistons would prefer to keep around through the coming rebuilding. His Russian deal has to have an opt-out to return to the NBA if the lockout ends.
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 7
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5