Sep 23, 2011, 4:03 PM EST
Austin Daye, who spent the last couple weeks working on his game at the Impact Series out in Las Vegas, is now apparently going to work on his game in Russia.
He has reportedly inked a deal with BC Khimki, a Moscow based team in the Russian league, according to Obrad Fimic (who is a journalist in Moscow, so we’ll trust him on this).
Daye has developed into a solid big man and one of the young bucks the Pistons would prefer to keep around through the coming rebuilding. His Russian deal has to have an opt-out to return to the NBA if the lockout ends.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20