Sep 23, 2011, 8:37 AM EST
Remember those heady days a couple of weeks ago when we were optimistic that the level heads would prevail and it seemed like the entire season could be salvaged? Ahhh, the naiveté of youth.
Such as Celtics sharp shooter Ray Allen yesterday speaking at his alma mater — the University of Connecticut, what you forgot his 1995 run to the Elite 8? — saying he would be willing to give up an entire season to get a fair deal.
That is saying something — Allen doesn’t have a lot of seasons left, and the Celtics championship window is about to close. This is not a team that can afford a year off. Yet Allen is willing to talk about it.
I’m trying to be optimistic people, but it is hard. Very hard.
- Heat come from 15 down to even season series with Pacers 8
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 8
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 6
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)