Sep 23, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
Remember those heady days a couple of weeks ago when we were optimistic that the level heads would prevail and it seemed like the entire season could be salvaged? Ahhh, the naiveté of youth.
Such as Celtics sharp shooter Ray Allen yesterday speaking at his alma mater — the University of Connecticut, what you forgot his 1995 run to the Elite 8? — saying he would be willing to give up an entire season to get a fair deal.
That is saying something — Allen doesn’t have a lot of seasons left, and the Celtics championship window is about to close. This is not a team that can afford a year off. Yet Allen is willing to talk about it.
I’m trying to be optimistic people, but it is hard. Very hard.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48