Sep 23, 2011, 9:59 PM EST
Has there ever been a more perfect pairing in NBA history than John Stockton and Karl Malone?
Two very different styles of game, but two guys with great basketball IQs who knew how to play off one another. Guys that were the heart of a franchise, guys that got a city not every player loves to be in. Plus, Karl Malone started the trend of NBA players speaking about themselves in the third person, not sure we can ever thank him enough for that.
To start off your Friday night, enjoy a top 10 plays of the duo, as put together by NBA TV.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 0
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43