Sep 23, 2011, 9:59 PM EDT
Has there ever been a more perfect pairing in NBA history than John Stockton and Karl Malone?
Two very different styles of game, but two guys with great basketball IQs who knew how to play off one another. Guys that were the heart of a franchise, guys that got a city not every player loves to be in. Plus, Karl Malone started the trend of NBA players speaking about themselves in the third person, not sure we can ever thank him enough for that.
To start off your Friday night, enjoy a top 10 plays of the duo, as put together by NBA TV.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3