Sep 23, 2011, 9:59 PM EST
Has there ever been a more perfect pairing in NBA history than John Stockton and Karl Malone?
Two very different styles of game, but two guys with great basketball IQs who knew how to play off one another. Guys that were the heart of a franchise, guys that got a city not every player loves to be in. Plus, Karl Malone started the trend of NBA players speaking about themselves in the third person, not sure we can ever thank him enough for that.
To start off your Friday night, enjoy a top 10 plays of the duo, as put together by NBA TV.
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 2
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 21
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 6
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)