Sep 22, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
If you want, turn the comments into a debate about whether or not this should even be illegal. It’s a valid debate (and I’d fall on the side of saying it shouldn’t be, except the part where he is operating a car), but it’s moot here. The fact is it is illegal right now.
Camby, who lives in the Houston area during the offseason, was driving a black Porsche around midnight Monday morning, when he was pulled over for having an illegal sun screen device blocking his front window. Officers questioned Camby and a passenger in the car and noticed the smell of marijuana.
The officers were granted permission to search Camby’s car and apparently discovered several marijuana cigarettes and a small bag of the same substance under the front seat.
Camby was released on $2,000 bond.
Apparently Camby has not watched or did not grasp the meaning of Reefer Madness. And by the way, my mom calls them “marijuana cigarettes” but I didn’t think anybody else did.
I know, shocking, an NBA player smoked some marijuana. Still, he’s going to go have to go through the legal process on this, which my guess is not as lenient in Texas as it might be in Oregon.
We’d say he’d have a fine and suspension coming from the league, but with no Collective Bargaining Agreement there is nothing the league can do. The Blazers are not allowed to comment on the situation.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 0
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 2
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)