Sep 22, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT
If you want, turn the comments into a debate about whether or not this should even be illegal. It’s a valid debate (and I’d fall on the side of saying it shouldn’t be, except the part where he is operating a car), but it’s moot here. The fact is it is illegal right now.
Camby, who lives in the Houston area during the offseason, was driving a black Porsche around midnight Monday morning, when he was pulled over for having an illegal sun screen device blocking his front window. Officers questioned Camby and a passenger in the car and noticed the smell of marijuana.
The officers were granted permission to search Camby’s car and apparently discovered several marijuana cigarettes and a small bag of the same substance under the front seat.
Camby was released on $2,000 bond.
Apparently Camby has not watched or did not grasp the meaning of Reefer Madness. And by the way, my mom calls them “marijuana cigarettes” but I didn’t think anybody else did.
I know, shocking, an NBA player smoked some marijuana. Still, he’s going to go have to go through the legal process on this, which my guess is not as lenient in Texas as it might be in Oregon.
We’d say he’d have a fine and suspension coming from the league, but with no Collective Bargaining Agreement there is nothing the league can do. The Blazers are not allowed to comment on the situation.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 6
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 16
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 7
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 13
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'