Sep 21, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
From our “if you can’t beat them, join them” files….
It’s been open season on LeBron James for a few things in the past year — his hairline, The Decision, and the rather foolish statement about the Heat winning “not, four, not five, not six” championships. Many took all this together as a sign of LeBron’s ego — the American public turned on him. He shows up all over most disliked celebrites lists.
But McDonald’s hasn’t dropped him as an endorser. And in their newest ad promoting the annual Monopoly Game LeBron joins in poking fun at himself. It’s a smart marketing move. Not that people are going to cut him slack over it. We’ll let you judge for yourself (via AdAge and SLAM).
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 39
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17