Sep 21, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
From our “if you can’t beat them, join them” files….
It’s been open season on LeBron James for a few things in the past year — his hairline, The Decision, and the rather foolish statement about the Heat winning “not, four, not five, not six” championships. Many took all this together as a sign of LeBron’s ego — the American public turned on him. He shows up all over most disliked celebrites lists.
But McDonald’s hasn’t dropped him as an endorser. And in their newest ad promoting the annual Monopoly Game LeBron joins in poking fun at himself. It’s a smart marketing move. Not that people are going to cut him slack over it. We’ll let you judge for yourself (via AdAge and SLAM).
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 17
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 36
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 6
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2