Sep 21, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
From our “if you can’t beat them, join them” files….
It’s been open season on LeBron James for a few things in the past year — his hairline, The Decision, and the rather foolish statement about the Heat winning “not, four, not five, not six” championships. Many took all this together as a sign of LeBron’s ego — the American public turned on him. He shows up all over most disliked celebrites lists.
But McDonald’s hasn’t dropped him as an endorser. And in their newest ad promoting the annual Monopoly Game LeBron joins in poking fun at himself. It’s a smart marketing move. Not that people are going to cut him slack over it. We’ll let you judge for yourself (via AdAge and SLAM).
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60