Sep 21, 2011, 3:01 PM EST
From our “if you can’t beat them, join them” files….
It’s been open season on LeBron James for a few things in the past year — his hairline, The Decision, and the rather foolish statement about the Heat winning “not, four, not five, not six” championships. Many took all this together as a sign of LeBron’s ego — the American public turned on him. He shows up all over most disliked celebrites lists.
But McDonald’s hasn’t dropped him as an endorser. And in their newest ad promoting the annual Monopoly Game LeBron joins in poking fun at himself. It’s a smart marketing move. Not that people are going to cut him slack over it. We’ll let you judge for yourself (via AdAge and SLAM).
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 20
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 15
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 12
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 5
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 11
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 12
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20