Sep 21, 2011, 3:01 PM EST
From our “if you can’t beat them, join them” files….
It’s been open season on LeBron James for a few things in the past year — his hairline, The Decision, and the rather foolish statement about the Heat winning “not, four, not five, not six” championships. Many took all this together as a sign of LeBron’s ego — the American public turned on him. He shows up all over most disliked celebrites lists.
But McDonald’s hasn’t dropped him as an endorser. And in their newest ad promoting the annual Monopoly Game LeBron joins in poking fun at himself. It’s a smart marketing move. Not that people are going to cut him slack over it. We’ll let you judge for yourself (via AdAge and SLAM).
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 0
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)