Sep 21, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Nike unveiled its latest update to the LeBron James signature shoe line, and as usual, they appear to have outdone themselves. The LEBRON 9 is the first of Nike’s shoes to integrate both Flywire technology and Hyperfuse construction, along with Max Air 180 and a Nike Zoom unit for maximum cushioning. All that technology together creates what the company believes is the most comfortable and versatile performance basketball shoe on the market.
“From the very beginning of the design process for the LEBRON 9 we wanted to break the mold with a shoe that maximized the strengths of a triple threat player like LeBron,” said Jason Petrie, Nike Basketball Designer, in a press release. “LeBron brings a rare combination of speed, agility and force to the game and my goal is to outfit him in a shoe that lets him do what he does best while maximizing our superior innovations.”
You can check out Nike’s designers and LeBron himself discussing the innovation that went into the LEBRON 9 in the video clip below.
Click on the image below to see a larger version of the tech sheet for the LEBRON 9.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15