Sep 21, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Nike unveiled its latest update to the LeBron James signature shoe line, and as usual, they appear to have outdone themselves. The LEBRON 9 is the first of Nike’s shoes to integrate both Flywire technology and Hyperfuse construction, along with Max Air 180 and a Nike Zoom unit for maximum cushioning. All that technology together creates what the company believes is the most comfortable and versatile performance basketball shoe on the market.
“From the very beginning of the design process for the LEBRON 9 we wanted to break the mold with a shoe that maximized the strengths of a triple threat player like LeBron,” said Jason Petrie, Nike Basketball Designer, in a press release. “LeBron brings a rare combination of speed, agility and force to the game and my goal is to outfit him in a shoe that lets him do what he does best while maximizing our superior innovations.”
You can check out Nike’s designers and LeBron himself discussing the innovation that went into the LEBRON 9 in the video clip below.
Click on the image below to see a larger version of the tech sheet for the LEBRON 9.
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 0
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 48
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 26