Sep 21, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Nike unveiled its latest update to the LeBron James signature shoe line, and as usual, they appear to have outdone themselves. The LEBRON 9 is the first of Nike’s shoes to integrate both Flywire technology and Hyperfuse construction, along with Max Air 180 and a Nike Zoom unit for maximum cushioning. All that technology together creates what the company believes is the most comfortable and versatile performance basketball shoe on the market.
“From the very beginning of the design process for the LEBRON 9 we wanted to break the mold with a shoe that maximized the strengths of a triple threat player like LeBron,” said Jason Petrie, Nike Basketball Designer, in a press release. “LeBron brings a rare combination of speed, agility and force to the game and my goal is to outfit him in a shoe that lets him do what he does best while maximizing our superior innovations.”
You can check out Nike’s designers and LeBron himself discussing the innovation that went into the LEBRON 9 in the video clip below.
Click on the image below to see a larger version of the tech sheet for the LEBRON 9.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49