Sep 21, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Nike unveiled its latest update to the LeBron James signature shoe line, and as usual, they appear to have outdone themselves. The LEBRON 9 is the first of Nike’s shoes to integrate both Flywire technology and Hyperfuse construction, along with Max Air 180 and a Nike Zoom unit for maximum cushioning. All that technology together creates what the company believes is the most comfortable and versatile performance basketball shoe on the market.
“From the very beginning of the design process for the LEBRON 9 we wanted to break the mold with a shoe that maximized the strengths of a triple threat player like LeBron,” said Jason Petrie, Nike Basketball Designer, in a press release. “LeBron brings a rare combination of speed, agility and force to the game and my goal is to outfit him in a shoe that lets him do what he does best while maximizing our superior innovations.”
You can check out Nike’s designers and LeBron himself discussing the innovation that went into the LEBRON 9 in the video clip below.
Click on the image below to see a larger version of the tech sheet for the LEBRON 9.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 60
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89