Sep 21, 2011, 12:56 PM EST
Nike unveiled its latest update to the LeBron James signature shoe line, and as usual, they appear to have outdone themselves. The LEBRON 9 is the first of Nike’s shoes to integrate both Flywire technology and Hyperfuse construction, along with Max Air 180 and a Nike Zoom unit for maximum cushioning. All that technology together creates what the company believes is the most comfortable and versatile performance basketball shoe on the market.
“From the very beginning of the design process for the LEBRON 9 we wanted to break the mold with a shoe that maximized the strengths of a triple threat player like LeBron,” said Jason Petrie, Nike Basketball Designer, in a press release. “LeBron brings a rare combination of speed, agility and force to the game and my goal is to outfit him in a shoe that lets him do what he does best while maximizing our superior innovations.”
You can check out Nike’s designers and LeBron himself discussing the innovation that went into the LEBRON 9 in the video clip below.
Click on the image below to see a larger version of the tech sheet for the LEBRON 9.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)