Sep 21, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
Everybody wants to play with Chris Paul.
We’re not even talking about his recruiting as a free agent aside (at least until the lockout ends, when the rumors will start up again). It’s also true of CP3’s charity game.
Paul is hosting a charity game Oct. 1 on the campus of Winston Salem University to raise money for scholarships for the college, which happens to be where his parents went to school.
And he’s drawing quite a big name crowd: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony are all expected to be there, tweeted Marc Spears of Yahoo. There are also reports John Wall will play in the game, which should make a nice point guard showdown with Paul.
That should be quite a show. It would be a great tune up for the start of training camp, if we actually thought camps would open on time.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25