Sep 21, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
Everybody wants to play with Chris Paul.
We’re not even talking about his recruiting as a free agent aside (at least until the lockout ends, when the rumors will start up again). It’s also true of CP3’s charity game.
Paul is hosting a charity game Oct. 1 on the campus of Winston Salem University to raise money for scholarships for the college, which happens to be where his parents went to school.
And he’s drawing quite a big name crowd: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony are all expected to be there, tweeted Marc Spears of Yahoo. There are also reports John Wall will play in the game, which should make a nice point guard showdown with Paul.
That should be quite a show. It would be a great tune up for the start of training camp, if we actually thought camps would open on time.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 6
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 22
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9