Sep 21, 2011, 10:16 AM EST
Everybody wants to play with Chris Paul.
We’re not even talking about his recruiting as a free agent aside (at least until the lockout ends, when the rumors will start up again). It’s also true of CP3’s charity game.
Paul is hosting a charity game Oct. 1 on the campus of Winston Salem University to raise money for scholarships for the college, which happens to be where his parents went to school.
And he’s drawing quite a big name crowd: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony are all expected to be there, tweeted Marc Spears of Yahoo. There are also reports John Wall will play in the game, which should make a nice point guard showdown with Paul.
That should be quite a show. It would be a great tune up for the start of training camp, if we actually thought camps would open on time.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)