Sep 21, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
Everybody wants to play with Chris Paul.
We’re not even talking about his recruiting as a free agent aside (at least until the lockout ends, when the rumors will start up again). It’s also true of CP3’s charity game.
Paul is hosting a charity game Oct. 1 on the campus of Winston Salem University to raise money for scholarships for the college, which happens to be where his parents went to school.
And he’s drawing quite a big name crowd: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony are all expected to be there, tweeted Marc Spears of Yahoo. There are also reports John Wall will play in the game, which should make a nice point guard showdown with Paul.
That should be quite a show. It would be a great tune up for the start of training camp, if we actually thought camps would open on time.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7