Sep 21, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
Everybody wants to play with Chris Paul.
We’re not even talking about his recruiting as a free agent aside (at least until the lockout ends, when the rumors will start up again). It’s also true of CP3’s charity game.
Paul is hosting a charity game Oct. 1 on the campus of Winston Salem University to raise money for scholarships for the college, which happens to be where his parents went to school.
And he’s drawing quite a big name crowd: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony are all expected to be there, tweeted Marc Spears of Yahoo. There are also reports John Wall will play in the game, which should make a nice point guard showdown with Paul.
That should be quite a show. It would be a great tune up for the start of training camp, if we actually thought camps would open on time.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 0
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31