Sep 21, 2011, 8:32 PM EDT
Ty Lawson is one of five Nuggets players heading overseas to play while the lockout drags on — three of which may not be coming back if there is a season. But that’s another issue.
One of the perks of playing in Europe is… well, the perks. The team provides housing, a car, covers the taxes on your salary. All sweet.
Lawson is playing in Lithuania and so he gets a car from the team — check it out. The ride may be a bit small, but that’s kind of how things roll in Europe (especially on streets that have been around for a couple hundred years before Henry Ford was born).
But it’s the slick ads, plus his name and his signature on the side that make it for me. From the twitter account of @BBallWorldLTU.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars