Sep 20, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
If David Stern and Billy Hunter are able to figure out their differences this week, end the lockout so that training camps and the season start on time in a couple weeks, Metta World Peace (the baller formerly known as Ron Artest) may be available.
Below you can catch Artest’s first attempt at the Cha Cha on Dancing With The Stars. I’ll let you judge the quality of it for yourself, but let’s say the judges did not love it (he had the lowest score of any contestant). Then again, voters at home get a say on this and there are a lot of Lakers fans out there… but then again after this performance would the Laker Girls even vote for him?
I love that World Peace is willing to put himself out there and try something so outside his comfort zone. Something like going on Dancing With The Stars. He should get bonus points for that. But that doesn’t mean he’s sticking around long. And know that Lamar Odom is going to rip him in the locker room next season.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 4
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19