Sep 20, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
If David Stern and Billy Hunter are able to figure out their differences this week, end the lockout so that training camps and the season start on time in a couple weeks, Metta World Peace (the baller formerly known as Ron Artest) may be available.
Below you can catch Artest’s first attempt at the Cha Cha on Dancing With The Stars. I’ll let you judge the quality of it for yourself, but let’s say the judges did not love it (he had the lowest score of any contestant). Then again, voters at home get a say on this and there are a lot of Lakers fans out there… but then again after this performance would the Laker Girls even vote for him?
I love that World Peace is willing to put himself out there and try something so outside his comfort zone. Something like going on Dancing With The Stars. He should get bonus points for that. But that doesn’t mean he’s sticking around long. And know that Lamar Odom is going to rip him in the locker room next season.
- Stan Van Gundy says he will not coach anywhere next season 0
- Spurs/Grizzlies preview: Game 2 will be closer, but will that be enough for Memphis? 0
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 25
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 6
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 19
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (74)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay