Sep 20, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
It’s one of the risks of playing for your country — injuries.
Ronny Turiaf was supposed to play for France in EuroBasket, but he broke his hand in a tune-up game against Great Britain. The good news for Knicks fans is that the Energizer Bunny off the bench told NBA.com his hand is nearly healed and he’s ready to go whenever the league is.
“I’m out for another week or so and am just waiting to see if the fracture is fully healed or not and then I should be good to go,” Turiaf said.
“I really don’t have any other choice, so it’s not something I think about if it’s hard or not to not play. It’s not by choice and is now just a chance for me to deal with the adversity. And when I fall down I’m going to get up and run at you even faster, so I have no doubt that something great will come from my play in the long run.”
Say what you will about Turaif, do not doubt his desire and ability to come back.
The Knicks need a big man who can be the anchor on defense and on the boards to pair with their starters. Turiaf is a fantastic guy to have coming off the bench for 15-20 minutes a night, bringing energy. He’s a great guy to have brining his energy to practice and not letting guys coast. You just have to not expand his role beyond what he can do.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'