Sep 19, 2011, 9:06 AM EDT
Growing basketball — and in the NBA’s eyes it’s brand of basketball — in Africa is rife with challenges.
But for a decade now the NBA has been trying through its Basketball Without Borders program. Trying to find something through sport that can help unite people all over the continent that has been ravaged by draught and war. Trying to spread a love of the game.
Recently a trio of former Georgetown stars — Dikembe Mutombo, Patrick Ewing, and Alonzo Morning — went to Africa to promote the game. Below is some video of their trip. Enjoy.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 5
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 9
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7