Sep 19, 2011, 9:06 AM EDT
Growing basketball — and in the NBA’s eyes it’s brand of basketball — in Africa is rife with challenges.
But for a decade now the NBA has been trying through its Basketball Without Borders program. Trying to find something through sport that can help unite people all over the continent that has been ravaged by draught and war. Trying to spread a love of the game.
Recently a trio of former Georgetown stars — Dikembe Mutombo, Patrick Ewing, and Alonzo Morning — went to Africa to promote the game. Below is some video of their trip. Enjoy.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 49
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18