Sep 19, 2011, 9:06 AM EST
Growing basketball — and in the NBA’s eyes it’s brand of basketball — in Africa is rife with challenges.
But for a decade now the NBA has been trying through its Basketball Without Borders program. Trying to find something through sport that can help unite people all over the continent that has been ravaged by draught and war. Trying to spread a love of the game.
Recently a trio of former Georgetown stars — Dikembe Mutombo, Patrick Ewing, and Alonzo Morning — went to Africa to promote the game. Below is some video of their trip. Enjoy.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 5
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 11