Sep 19, 2011, 9:06 AM EDT
Growing basketball — and in the NBA’s eyes it’s brand of basketball — in Africa is rife with challenges.
But for a decade now the NBA has been trying through its Basketball Without Borders program. Trying to find something through sport that can help unite people all over the continent that has been ravaged by draught and war. Trying to spread a love of the game.
Recently a trio of former Georgetown stars — Dikembe Mutombo, Patrick Ewing, and Alonzo Morning — went to Africa to promote the game. Below is some video of their trip. Enjoy.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 0
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 4
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 18
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32