Sep 19, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
The Toronto Raptors are still looking for a new front office guy to have a fancy title and explain his decisions to Bryan Colangelo, who is shifting roles in the organization.
The Raptors are through their first round of interviews and have brought in some name people, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Philadelphia 76ers general manager Ed Stefanski, San Antonio Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey, Indiana Pacers pro personnel director Kevin Prichard and former New Orleans Hornets GM Jeff Bower traveled to Toronto in recent weeks to meet with Colangelo, sources said.
There’s no clear frontrunner, but several sources have reason to believe Lindsey could hold an edge over the other three candidates. Lindsey is also on the short list for the Portland Trail Blazers’ GM job.
Lindsey may have his choice of gigs, and he already has a pretty damn good one so he can afford to take his time and be choosy. The other guys need a job — Bower is without one, Stefanski is in the final year of his deal with a team undergoing an ownership change, and Pritchard has a one-year scouting deal in Indiana that may or may not grow into something more.
We’d discuss the timetable for this decision if the Raptors felt any pressure to make this decision. But they don’t. So it could be a while.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15