Sep 19, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
The Toronto Raptors are still looking for a new front office guy to have a fancy title and explain his decisions to Bryan Colangelo, who is shifting roles in the organization.
The Raptors are through their first round of interviews and have brought in some name people, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Philadelphia 76ers general manager Ed Stefanski, San Antonio Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey, Indiana Pacers pro personnel director Kevin Prichard and former New Orleans Hornets GM Jeff Bower traveled to Toronto in recent weeks to meet with Colangelo, sources said.
There’s no clear frontrunner, but several sources have reason to believe Lindsey could hold an edge over the other three candidates. Lindsey is also on the short list for the Portland Trail Blazers’ GM job.
Lindsey may have his choice of gigs, and he already has a pretty damn good one so he can afford to take his time and be choosy. The other guys need a job — Bower is without one, Stefanski is in the final year of his deal with a team undergoing an ownership change, and Pritchard has a one-year scouting deal in Indiana that may or may not grow into something more.
We’d discuss the timetable for this decision if the Raptors felt any pressure to make this decision. But they don’t. So it could be a while.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 3
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 28
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 4
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 19
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19