Sep 19, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
Here’s the pitch: It’s like “Big” meets basketball. You with me? You’ve got a world-famous basketball player, and this high school kid, and through a magical encounter they switch bodies. Hijinks ensue, everybody learns some valuable lessons, tearful moments follow then kid and the baller are able to switch back, just in time for the big game.
You buying? That a movie you want to see?
Because it will be coming to your local theater starring Kevin Durant. We told you Durant was going to be in a big Hollywood movie, well the casting call for extras went out this week and Eye on Basketball found it. Here is your plot summary:
Feature Film: “Switch” starring Kevin Durant (Pro Basketball Player)
Synopsis: In a magical twist, Kevin Durant switches all of his basketball-playing skills with an enthusiastic young fan who becomes the star of his high school team…and leaving Durant and the Thunder helpless. With the playoffs approaching, they need to discover what it is that brought them together before the early end to the Thunder’s season.
The shooting takes place the next couple days in Baton Rouge (not a lot in Oklahoma City).
Kevin, honestly, I want the best for you. And I want to like your movie, I really do. But America needed another body switch movie like it needs another Wal*Mart location. Maybe I should let them film the movie before I give it a thumbs down, but I don’t have high hopes here.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4