Sep 19, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
Here’s the pitch: It’s like “Big” meets basketball. You with me? You’ve got a world-famous basketball player, and this high school kid, and through a magical encounter they switch bodies. Hijinks ensue, everybody learns some valuable lessons, tearful moments follow then kid and the baller are able to switch back, just in time for the big game.
You buying? That a movie you want to see?
Because it will be coming to your local theater starring Kevin Durant. We told you Durant was going to be in a big Hollywood movie, well the casting call for extras went out this week and Eye on Basketball found it. Here is your plot summary:
Feature Film: “Switch” starring Kevin Durant (Pro Basketball Player)
Synopsis: In a magical twist, Kevin Durant switches all of his basketball-playing skills with an enthusiastic young fan who becomes the star of his high school team…and leaving Durant and the Thunder helpless. With the playoffs approaching, they need to discover what it is that brought them together before the early end to the Thunder’s season.
The shooting takes place the next couple days in Baton Rouge (not a lot in Oklahoma City).
Kevin, honestly, I want the best for you. And I want to like your movie, I really do. But America needed another body switch movie like it needs another Wal*Mart location. Maybe I should let them film the movie before I give it a thumbs down, but I don’t have high hopes here.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 9
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 17
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18