Sep 19, 2011, 5:27 PM EST
Here’s the pitch: It’s like “Big” meets basketball. You with me? You’ve got a world-famous basketball player, and this high school kid, and through a magical encounter they switch bodies. Hijinks ensue, everybody learns some valuable lessons, tearful moments follow then kid and the baller are able to switch back, just in time for the big game.
You buying? That a movie you want to see?
Because it will be coming to your local theater starring Kevin Durant. We told you Durant was going to be in a big Hollywood movie, well the casting call for extras went out this week and Eye on Basketball found it. Here is your plot summary:
Feature Film: “Switch” starring Kevin Durant (Pro Basketball Player)
Synopsis: In a magical twist, Kevin Durant switches all of his basketball-playing skills with an enthusiastic young fan who becomes the star of his high school team…and leaving Durant and the Thunder helpless. With the playoffs approaching, they need to discover what it is that brought them together before the early end to the Thunder’s season.
The shooting takes place the next couple days in Baton Rouge (not a lot in Oklahoma City).
Kevin, honestly, I want the best for you. And I want to like your movie, I really do. But America needed another body switch movie like it needs another Wal*Mart location. Maybe I should let them film the movie before I give it a thumbs down, but I don’t have high hopes here.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 6
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 15