Sep 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
Kyle Korver isn’t above a day of hard labor.
Well, so long as that labor doesn’t involve trying to play defense in transition. But he’s willing to work at other stuff. Which is exactly what he was doing on Sunday at Wrigley Field, where he worked as a groundskeeper and concessionaire serving ice cream.
Tribune Bulls reporter K.C. Johnson tweeted the photo you see to the right (and Ball Don’t Lie picked up the story). Apparently this is tied to charity work for Seer Outfitters, which helps underprivileged children. So basically Korver was cutting the grass for the kids. Which is a good thing.
I like the idea, although now that he has food service experience I think Korver should have to work a lunch shift at the Billy Goat Tavern (cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger). For charity, ideally, but I just want him to do it anyway.
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 0
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58