Sep 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EST
Kyle Korver isn’t above a day of hard labor.
Well, so long as that labor doesn’t involve trying to play defense in transition. But he’s willing to work at other stuff. Which is exactly what he was doing on Sunday at Wrigley Field, where he worked as a groundskeeper and concessionaire serving ice cream.
Tribune Bulls reporter K.C. Johnson tweeted the photo you see to the right (and Ball Don’t Lie picked up the story). Apparently this is tied to charity work for Seer Outfitters, which helps underprivileged children. So basically Korver was cutting the grass for the kids. Which is a good thing.
I like the idea, although now that he has food service experience I think Korver should have to work a lunch shift at the Billy Goat Tavern (cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger). For charity, ideally, but I just want him to do it anyway.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 16
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 30
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 30
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25