Sep 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
Kyle Korver isn’t above a day of hard labor.
Well, so long as that labor doesn’t involve trying to play defense in transition. But he’s willing to work at other stuff. Which is exactly what he was doing on Sunday at Wrigley Field, where he worked as a groundskeeper and concessionaire serving ice cream.
Tribune Bulls reporter K.C. Johnson tweeted the photo you see to the right (and Ball Don’t Lie picked up the story). Apparently this is tied to charity work for Seer Outfitters, which helps underprivileged children. So basically Korver was cutting the grass for the kids. Which is a good thing.
I like the idea, although now that he has food service experience I think Korver should have to work a lunch shift at the Billy Goat Tavern (cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger). For charity, ideally, but I just want him to do it anyway.
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 17
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 4
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 22
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21