Sep 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
Kyle Korver isn’t above a day of hard labor.
Well, so long as that labor doesn’t involve trying to play defense in transition. But he’s willing to work at other stuff. Which is exactly what he was doing on Sunday at Wrigley Field, where he worked as a groundskeeper and concessionaire serving ice cream.
Tribune Bulls reporter K.C. Johnson tweeted the photo you see to the right (and Ball Don’t Lie picked up the story). Apparently this is tied to charity work for Seer Outfitters, which helps underprivileged children. So basically Korver was cutting the grass for the kids. Which is a good thing.
I like the idea, although now that he has food service experience I think Korver should have to work a lunch shift at the Billy Goat Tavern (cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger). For charity, ideally, but I just want him to do it anyway.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31