Sep 19, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
October 9 was to be the day of the first NBA preseason games. They haven’t been officially cancelled, but good luck finding anyone who thinks there will be games that night.
But there will be a game that evening — the rematch of the Goodman and Drew leagues.
From the moment they walked off the court, the guys from the Los Angeles-based Drew League wanted a rematch with the Washington D.C. based Goodman League. The two had played what had been the biggest showdown in the summer of pro-am league showdowns. Goodman won 135-134 but Drew players complained they did not know you couldn’t foul out and there were some borderline calls at the end.
However, attempts to pull it together fell apart and seemed dead.
Now the two sides have reached a deal, according to tweets from both Drew and Goodman officials. Goodman was to play a Seattle-based team that day but that is now trying to be rescheduled for a week later, Oct. 16, according to the USA Today.
No word on the players yet, officially. Drew League usually brings James Harden, Brandon Jennings and they have had conversations with Kobe Bryant (if he’s LA enough for Jennings). Goodman brings Kevin Durant and a host of guys. This should be fun… I’d rather be at an NBA preseason game that night (meaning the season was coming on schedule) but this should be entertaining.
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 0
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 4
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 9
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 21
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 49