Sep 19, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
October 9 was to be the day of the first NBA preseason games. They haven’t been officially cancelled, but good luck finding anyone who thinks there will be games that night.
But there will be a game that evening — the rematch of the Goodman and Drew leagues.
From the moment they walked off the court, the guys from the Los Angeles-based Drew League wanted a rematch with the Washington D.C. based Goodman League. The two had played what had been the biggest showdown in the summer of pro-am league showdowns. Goodman won 135-134 but Drew players complained they did not know you couldn’t foul out and there were some borderline calls at the end.
However, attempts to pull it together fell apart and seemed dead.
Now the two sides have reached a deal, according to tweets from both Drew and Goodman officials. Goodman was to play a Seattle-based team that day but that is now trying to be rescheduled for a week later, Oct. 16, according to the USA Today.
No word on the players yet, officially. Drew League usually brings James Harden, Brandon Jennings and they have had conversations with Kobe Bryant (if he’s LA enough for Jennings). Goodman brings Kevin Durant and a host of guys. This should be fun… I’d rather be at an NBA preseason game that night (meaning the season was coming on schedule) but this should be entertaining.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 5
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18