Sep 16, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
There were bound to be a few injuries out at the “lockout league” in Vegas that runs this week and next. (Officially, it’s the Impact Competitive Training Series.). The hope was just nothing major.
So far, so good.
Stephen Curry rolled his ankle in one of the games Thursday, which is a concern because Curry battled ankle issues at the end of last season. So much so that he has surgery on it in May to tighten everything back up. But he tells Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com he’s “perfectly fine.”
“I’ve had a schedule for my recovery of coming back and I’ve been doing some high-impact workouts and I just wanted to run up and down the court a little bit,” Curry said. “I have no limitations right now and am just pacing myself to get back to 100 percent.”
In my best Chief Wiggum voice: Nothing to see here, show’s over.
Actually, maybe there would be some concern if camps were going to open in a few weeks, but as it is he should have plenty of time to heal.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 26
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games