Sep 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Today, finally, we should have World Peace. Not just world peace, but Metta World Peace.
The man currently known as Ron Artest is due to show up in a Los Angeles courtroom at 8:30 pacific time to legally get his name changed to Metta World Peace, according to the Los Angeles Times. Just in time for his Dancing With The Stars debut.
This was supposed to happen a couple weeks ago but got postponed because Artest had some outstanding traffic warrants that needed to be paid off. That is supposed to be resolved.
So today may be the day we have long waited for, when we can all give Peace a chance. That’s all we are saying, give Peace a chance.
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 0
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 61
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 16
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 43