Sep 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Today, finally, we should have World Peace. Not just world peace, but Metta World Peace.
The man currently known as Ron Artest is due to show up in a Los Angeles courtroom at 8:30 pacific time to legally get his name changed to Metta World Peace, according to the Los Angeles Times. Just in time for his Dancing With The Stars debut.
This was supposed to happen a couple weeks ago but got postponed because Artest had some outstanding traffic warrants that needed to be paid off. That is supposed to be resolved.
So today may be the day we have long waited for, when we can all give Peace a chance. That’s all we are saying, give Peace a chance.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)