Sep 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Today, finally, we should have World Peace. Not just world peace, but Metta World Peace.
The man currently known as Ron Artest is due to show up in a Los Angeles courtroom at 8:30 pacific time to legally get his name changed to Metta World Peace, according to the Los Angeles Times. Just in time for his Dancing With The Stars debut.
This was supposed to happen a couple weeks ago but got postponed because Artest had some outstanding traffic warrants that needed to be paid off. That is supposed to be resolved.
So today may be the day we have long waited for, when we can all give Peace a chance. That’s all we are saying, give Peace a chance.
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 1
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 27
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26