Sep 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Today, finally, we should have World Peace. Not just world peace, but Metta World Peace.
The man currently known as Ron Artest is due to show up in a Los Angeles courtroom at 8:30 pacific time to legally get his name changed to Metta World Peace, according to the Los Angeles Times. Just in time for his Dancing With The Stars debut.
This was supposed to happen a couple weeks ago but got postponed because Artest had some outstanding traffic warrants that needed to be paid off. That is supposed to be resolved.
So today may be the day we have long waited for, when we can all give Peace a chance. That’s all we are saying, give Peace a chance.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18