Sep 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Today, finally, we should have World Peace. Not just world peace, but Metta World Peace.
The man currently known as Ron Artest is due to show up in a Los Angeles courtroom at 8:30 pacific time to legally get his name changed to Metta World Peace, according to the Los Angeles Times. Just in time for his Dancing With The Stars debut.
This was supposed to happen a couple weeks ago but got postponed because Artest had some outstanding traffic warrants that needed to be paid off. That is supposed to be resolved.
So today may be the day we have long waited for, when we can all give Peace a chance. That’s all we are saying, give Peace a chance.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 1
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15