Sep 15, 2011, 8:16 AM EST
The first few days of the “lockout league” in Las Vegas — officially named the Impact Competitive Training Series but the nickname stuck — has been pretty interesting, but it lacked real star power.
Wednesday, John Wall showed up.
As he has been doing all summer long at pro-am leagues, Wall showed up and showed off his athleticism (pinned a block on the backboard), his healthy knee and an improved jumper, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
Here are his list of stars from Wednesday.
John Wall, G, Washington — The former No. 1 overall pick put on a scoring show, tallying 42 points to go with nine assists and eight rebounds.
Marreese Speights, C, Philadelphia — Speights has been putting up big numbers all week, but getting it done against another young, up-and-coming center like JaVale McGee (19 points, 10 rebounds) was impressive. Speights finished with 30 points and 10 rebounds, including a couple of monster dunks, one of which was a powerful jam over McGee.
DeMar DeRozan, G, Toronto — DeRozan can get it going offensively at any moment, and that certainly was the case on Wednesday when he scored 35 points to go with six rebounds.
Remember these are high-level pickup games, so they favor the freakishly athletic. Which seems to be who keeps showing up on these lists.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 8
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10